Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I wasn't really looking for something like this, but boy am I happy I did! Has 100K on it and got it for a great price. No accidents and a very long service record, so I know it was well maintained. Plugs are every 50- 60 thousand miles? I know air filters are 7-8 thousand, which seems overly frequent, but I'll still do it. I try real hard to not get on the accelerator, but it's SO nice. I'm enjoying it tremendously!!
You can expect to get about 448 Miles on a tank of gas with mixed city/hwy, that's about 16+ mpg driving if not better with discipled driving as @marctronixx mentioned. A CAI will be a great upgrade to the current air filter system. I just did my first cleaning on them after 100K.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
problem with the CAI is , once you FEEL the extra low end, it will be reaallllyyy difficult to not put your foot in the tank every now and again.. :)

also, smoke over this thread below. it shows you how to reset the ECM. this should improve low end torque and be a bit peppy off the line:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
problem with the CAI is , once you FEEL the extra low end, it will be reaallllyyy difficult to not put your foot in the tank every now and again.. :)

also, smoke over this thread below. it shows you how to reset the ECM. this should improve low end torque and be a bit peppy off the line:

YEP... Especially at a STOP LIGHT.
I learn something NEW about our Beasts practically every time I come here. According to the FSM every time you disconnect the -NEG cable you have to do some(NOT ALL) of these procedures too.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2010 Platinum 2wd Navy over Black leather
24 Posts
I just thought I would take a moment to give guys an update on any mile per gallon question they have. I recently took a trip from Charlotte North Carolina to Orlando Florida and drove my 2010 platinum 2wd with 115,000 miles the entire way. Round trip total mileage was 1,690. I had the family with me which was 3 kids under 6 and the wife. We had modest luggage with us. My trip down consisted of a steady 77 mph the entire way. MPG for that was 15.8 hand calculated. On the trip back I stayed at 70mph the until fill up. (Felt so much longer with traffic passing us) I averaged 16.92 MPG at this speed. Just for kicks, after filling up I ran 80-84mph & that averaged 14.5 MPG.
Anyhow, I know people are always asking, curious, complaining etc about it so I figured I'd post my findings. Hope this helps or informs.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Hmmm... I need to hand calculate my MPG and see what I come up with. I've always use the on board MPG calculations and I'm getting 16.9 avg on my 2011 and 2013 city/hwy combined now. I would think at all HWY driving your MPG would be better. Even with family loaded. I know for a time... my best MPG was 18 MPG city/hwy (mosrtly HWY). when I live further away from work. Living closer to work with mostly city and some hwy driving it dropped to 16.9 mpg. Thanks for this info.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts