Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned before... We just got a black '05 LE 4x2

I fell in love with the black, and now I know I have a task ahead of me to keep this baby looking good ;) Any tips would be great :1245:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
You saw the post waxing my....
I would also recommend a special dark paint wax from Zaino. Helps the black look deeper. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
92TripleBlack said:
You saw the post waxing my....
I would also recommend a special dark paint wax from Zaino. Helps the black look deeper. Enjoy!
I did see your waxing post. I also noticed you talked about a spray wax (no tennis elbows) and was wondering what you used.

What are your thoughts on this product?
http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/products.shtml

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Onyochin said:
I did see your waxing post. I also noticed you talked about a spray wax (no tennis elbows) and was wondering what you used.

What are your thoughts on this product?
http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/products.shtml
I just use a spray on wax that you spray on when the car is wet and as you towel dry it waxes. I use the one by eagle one but there are many out there. If I had black, I would use the zaino. I use it on the Infiniti and vette. Makes a difference. On Red Brawn it won't be that big a difference and I have enough to wax already. ;)

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Triple

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally!!!

It took 5 hours in the blazing AZ conditions, but I did it and it feels good. I actually was holding off for a while to do the 1st wash/polish on my baby. I also got some serious "Hard water spots" on the driver side of the Mada. I was scared it would not come out.

I got the Zaino goodies, and it looks simply BEAUTIMUS!! The clay bar got all the water spots off, and left trhe car feeling like silk. I now remember why I got the color black. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
NICE! ;) :cool:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
92TB offers good advice on how to keep it looking great. As an owner of a Galaxy Black Armada, let me say that the little gold flecks are going to have an added benefit.

Pure black shows swirl and spider marks badly no matter how you try to avoid them. With other black vehicles, for me its just been a matter of trying to minimize them.

I think this little bit of gold "sparkle" which does not detract from apperance for those of us who really like black is going to help. The tiny swirls might be there, but they will be a lot less noticable. At least that's the case so far.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I use Zaino Z2 and Z6. I use micro fiber wipe to remove Z2 and Z6, no scratch. This is my first black car. I think black color is very easy to clean because you can spot water spots and dirt very easily. I have a silver car which is very difficult to see water spots.

I like Zaino so much, and I bought the sticker and sticked it on the window.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great replies!

I was so determine to do it right, I even followed there "Towel" rules. I bought 2 large 100% Egyptian Cotton towels, and cut off the edges. I was really looking forward to seeing what Zaino could do.

I actually like the Gold flakes... good to hear it will help with the swirls ;)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Got my curiosity, went to the Zaino website and read about their products. Made sense, so I ordered the full kit. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks for the recommend, and the continuing assistance of this forum in helping me spend my money. :teeth:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
You'll love it. ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have used Zaino it on my Black Stang and my truck with excellant results. We have a place called Eckler Corvettes where they stock it.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Wolfhound281 said:
I have used Zaino it on my Black Stang and my truck with excellant results. We have a place called Eckler Corvettes where they stock it.
Hmmm. Ecklers in Titusville. Never heard of them. ;)

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Used the Zaino products this weekend and I am extremely pleased. The Galaxy has never been shinier.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
crash4444 said:
Used the Zaino products this weekend and I am extremely pleased. The Galaxy has never been shinier.
Good stuff! :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have used Turtle Wax Platnum series this weekend on my Galaxy and am very pleased. It filled in some minor swirl marks and scratches quite well. It is also very easy to work with. I can't wait to see what it does as I put more applications on. Don't get me wrong the others have great stuff, but for time effectiveness this works quite well.
I have used Mothers, Miquires, Girot's Garage items, Wash & Wax, Wizards, and a few others. This just brought out the color (or absence there of) black really nice. Plus you can find it at Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, etc.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
One of the advantages that the Zaino offers is the lack of carnuba wax that acts like a dust magnet. Lots of brands can make is shiny but the long term protection of the paint and ease of maintenance are very important. With california duster and a bottle of Z6 detailing spray it keeps Galaxy in great shape.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts