Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
rotating wheels

I switch wheels twice a year (summer to winter and vice versa). Have to do the whole procedure every time.

I suspect that if you just rotate the same wheels to a different position, you don't have to do anything. However, your Tire Pressure display on the screen would be in the wrong order, if that matters at all to you.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I switch wheels twice a year (summer to winter and vice versa). Have to do the whole procedure every time.

I suspect that if you just rotate the same wheels to a different position, you don't have to do anything. However, your Tire Pressure display on the screen would be in the wrong order, if that matters at all to you.
I need to rotate tires soon, will do front to back back to front method, will the system figure out tire location , it don't matter to me as I just use the display for reference anyways. Guess it will be right when I go back in a few months.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
If you are just rotating the tires you will not have a problem, it kinda suck it don't tell us which tire is low just a general low tire warning, but if you decide to swap out tpms one member did a great write up doing it.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Just FYI for anyone curious...

I took my '05 into Discount Tire yesterday ($129 to replace two sensors). Their little handheld computer that detects bad sensors needs to also be plugged into the TPMS connector to put the computer into learning mode. I think they forgot to do that part originally because the PSI numbers were not showing up.

They connected the handheld back into the connector and let it run for ~20-30 seconds.

After that, driving it for 5 minutes got the two sensors to start checking in.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
If you are just rotating the tires you will not have a problem, it kinda suck it don't tell us which tire is low just a general low tire warning, but if you decide to swap out tpms one member did a great write up doing it.
Thanks for the Info.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Book says to disconnect battery, then start at left front and set tire 23 psi, right front 26, right rear 29, drivers rear 32. reconnect battery, drive. As soon as you hit 25mph the system is supposed to cycle and read the sensors in a clockwise sequence, and you need 3psi difference for the sensor system to differentiate. After the tire light goes out, return the pressures to your chosen level.
nissan says the tire sensors are low pressure sensors only, not over or high pressure sensors. BUT- the sensors talk through blue tooth which is iffy at best. I just had all my sensors replaced (120k miles) and followed factory reset instructions and they are FUBAR, so I'll have to troubleshoot their freqs and transmission strengths to find out why they don't work correctly.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I followed the steps and the light is still solid. I thought I missed the light going off while I was negotiating the interstate at a certain point. I saw the light went solid so I filled the tires. Drove home (about 18 mi) and the light is still on and solid.

What gives?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
hi guys, I hope that somebody will answer....
I tried as you were writing on previous pages, how to reset TPMS....and light is still ON (Armada 2006)....
any other options or suggestions....?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
hi guys, I hope that somebody will answer....
I tried as you were writing on previous pages, how to reset TPMS....and light is still ON (Armada 2006)....
any other options or suggestions....?
Thanks
I forget to tell, but now whet I start the engine light is instead of blinking is steady.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Recently relied on this thread to reset TPMS. Just wanted to add that, when starting the reset process, my light blinked pretty quickly, making me think I was doing it wrong. However, I went through with instructions and light was reset.

Thanks for this info!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
3 of 4 TPMS sensors on my Armada are dead at 200K, and I have no idea which tire is still reading out.

Rather than continue to rebuild the semi-useless factory system, I bought a TPMS system from Amazon ($60) and it works great. It only takes a few minutes to install, it works by replacing the valve stem caps with ones that integrate wireless pressure sensors, plus a cigarette lighter gauge.

It has audible warnings that are programmable and it reads pressures by tire position. Readings match my tire pressures exactly, plus I can see the psi changes in real time as outside air temperature changes, etc. There is also an internal high air temperature warning. Very happy with it.

Photos...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I don't see the white wire under my 2nd Gen Armada (2018 Platinum Reserve) there seems to be a white plug that is mounted near the OBD port but it has multiple wires and pins on it. Would just disconnecting the battery do the reset? Does anyone with a newer Armada have a procedure for the TPMS reset that works?

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably due to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I just tried to reset the battery and it looks like it got the TPMS light to flash but it did not work for me. When it went solid I still did not get any pressures displayed on my display. I checked the tire pressures afterwards and they were up a bit, but that is probably dude to the tires warming up. How close do the pressures have to be to the ones posted? I probably will try it again but on a warmer day. Its freezing today here and I don't feel like freezing my fingers again today.
Were you driving when you checked to see if the pressures were displaying? You won't see anything but ** if you haven't been moving for a mile or so (perhaps longer if it's really cold outside).

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Were you driving when you checked to see if the pressures were displaying? You won't see anything but ** if you haven't been moving for a mile or so (perhaps longer if it's really cold outside).
Yeah I went for a drive, the light was initially flashing and then went solid. Thats when I checked the pressures and they all showed blanks.

The dealer where I bought the car has now told me that they would program my TPMS sensors for free for the winter tires so I think I'll take them up on the offer.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Yeah I went for a drive, the light was initially flashing and then went solid. Thats when I checked the pressures and they all showed blanks.

The dealer where I bought the car has now told me that they would program my TPMS sensors for free for the winter tires so I think I'll take them up on the offer.
Could anyone help me to locate the TPMS connector for the QX80/2nd gen Amarda? My parents has a 2017 QX80, the light came on after they switched oem wheels from 22” to 20”. I do see a connector next to OBD but it has 5 wires connected

21 - 40 of 42 Posts