Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I tried a new product that seemed to work well. First place I tried it was the cowl on my 2014 qx80.
20200126_134007.jpg

First I used their cleaner since I read other people had absorption issues if the surface is not really clean. Also, not having a stiff bristle brush I used a blue non scratch dish scrubber. Seemed to work well. Not much on the scrubber but when I wiped it off it cleared some of the oxidation. dont let the cleaner dry on the plastic

BEFORE

50/50

All finished.

Mckees 37. I'll update every month or so just to see how it ages.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I learned more...

The side steps i did the same process and they also came out looking good. In total as it dried I needed 4 coats to the cowl and 2 for the side steps.

The product really really needs a clean surface. So, when I did my other running board I cleaned it first with my griots garage interior cleaner. (Left towel). Then went over it with the mckees wax remover which must also be some sort of cleaner becuase more came off (right towel).

Take your time and it can come out well. So far it has repelled dust as opposed to attracting it. If you want the shiny appearance you'll want to apply a dressing afterwards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts