Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had this problem for quite some time. It's my better-half's vehicle so I don't have to deal with it as much, but it's getting worse.

• A year ago... we started getting either Gail or Wind Warning alerts almost every time we started the car.
  • About 6 months ago, we started getting TWO alerts.
  • Now we are getting THREE Alerts every time the car starts !!!!
We are in the Pacific Northwest... Straight of Juan de Fuca, San Juan Strait, Strait of Georgia take your pic. However, I highly doubt it's acting on any "real" weather as I've been well away from the shore (across a mountain range to be exact) and still had it do these alerts.

Please, help stop the insanity. We can't find any way to make them go away.

Here is a link to the video (it should start about 20 seconds in where the alerts start.)

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. We didn't look under the XM stuff. I didn't see specifically in the manual how to disable it, but I'm guessing it's under one of the menus referred to. I mean seriously we have mainly two kinds of weather here... Raining, or going to Rain.. and trust me... if the 3rd option of the big yellow thing in the sky making an appearance happens... we don't need the radio to tell us.

thanks again

·
Administrator
6,409 Posts
i hear you!!

sometimes those alerts can startle you! Ive grown used to the alerts.. :p

the newer models have sub menus so im sure its buried in the xm setting since this service is part of the SiriusXM world.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want to follow up. WHAT A PAIN.. On our rig we don't an "APPS" option. It the head unit that has XM as a button. Nothing under the XM options, nothing under the Nav options... but wait... There is an overall (presumably) SETTINGS button. Under that is a "Navigation" option, and in that submenu is the Weather and Traffic Alert ON / OFF options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts