Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get spots of the windows after a wash. It seems as if they show way more on the rear than the front due to the tint. The water here in Sacramento is hard and it seems to stick really bad if not wiped off right away. Anyone have suggestions? TIA

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Water Spots

I have used a car cleaner wax to remove some water spots from my windows from vehicles throughout the years. But when the spots are really bad the only thing that I can think of is to go a a window repair shop. Sometime they have cleaners that may take care of your problem. Also do you wash your Mada in the sun because the sun drying the water on your windows causes alot of the problem.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Try a window stripper

I have washed thousands of cars/trucks used to work at a detailing shop I cant remember the Manufacturer of the product but Its a window stripper it removes mineral deposits(salt, calcium etc) that have been left behind by water. i wroks really good just make sure to buff it out completletey to avoid streaking. Hope I could help!!!!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Make your own spot remover!

I use a mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle on my boat. Works great at getting the spots off!

About 25% vinegar and 75% water. Spray on, let sit a minute and wipe off (sometimes I need to repeat if it's really bad). Been using this for years with no damage to anything I've put it on - fiberglass, painted metal, and glass windshield.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Dano said:
I use a mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle on my boat. Works great at getting the spots off!

About 25% vinegar and 75% water. Spray on, let sit a minute and wipe off (sometimes I need to repeat if it's really bad). Been using this for years with no damage to anything I've put it on - fiberglass, painted metal, and glass windshield.
2nd the vinegar. If that doesn't work, you may have to try using an orbital polisher with a good polish. Sometimes you cant get the spots out because they etch in the window.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
A dry microfiber towel works for me. Another great reason to have them around. Wash, dry, buff, clean, remove water spots the list keeps going.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
cfranzen said:
A dry microfiber towel works for me. Another great reason to have them around. Wash, dry, buff, clean, remove water spots the list keeps going.
believe it or not i use a chrome cleaner and it works great.just dont get it on plastic parts.im now detail expert but it works.try it on a small part and let me know how it works.you can try a product called blue magic in a small container with a blue top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts