Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hooking up trailer with full hitch weight start car and wait. After about 30 seconds you will hear the air pump start and see the rear lift up to lever the car. It takes about 2 minutes to finish. Really helps when towing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you hitch up with the Armada running, or do you turn it off, while hitching, and raising the trailer tongue/rear of the Armada to get the weight distro bars on (for the pre-load)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you hitch up with the Armada running, or do you turn it off, while hitching, and raising the trailer tongue/rear of the Armada to get the weight distro bars on (for the pre-load)?
You hitch up with the armada off. Get done with hitching with everything including with weight distribution and lower the trailer all the waY so full weight on car. Then start car and listen for pumps to come on. You will see the rear end lift up and hear the pumps. When pumps stop you are done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been ignoring that air suspension for too long. Now I'm paying attention. As per the manual (pg 9-18 in my 2006), I now start the engine and let the airbags fill. Then I hitch up but with no weight on the tongue. Then I tighten my WDH and then let the weight down on the hitch.

What's different is that I now realize the airbags will go flat in a couple minutes if you fill them then shut the engine off (maybe they don't when the Armada is new)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts