1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
video on nav. monitor

Is there a way to plat movies from the factory dvd player on your navigation monitor. if so how???????? will it affect the navigation????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new owner said:
Is there a way to plat movies from the factory dvd player on your navigation monitor. if so how???????? will it affect the navigation????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
There are several manufatures that make devices to do this. The one I have and most others who have done this can be found at www.avelectronic.com

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
thank you for the info. $550 is kind of steep though and dont know if i want to cut any wire the rides only a week old. dont want to void that warrantty + the extened warrantty. :confused:

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
To keep from cutting wires, I decided to use a Pin JUMPER from an old PC Motherboard, Video Card, or Sound Card to "Jumper" the "Audio On" and "FES Enable" pins inside the Harness instead of cutting and splicing the wires. From there, it's just splicing an RCA cable into the + & - of Right and Left.

Best Buy has "Recoton" "20ft RCA Speaker Wire Extension" cords that already have the - & + seperated into seperate wires that you can easily cut, strip, and splice.

I also found that I had to disable the IR on my M&D Monitor because it interfered with the HUD even though it was not connected up.

The 1st pic is to disassemble the Monitor case and the 2nd pic is to disconnect the IR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he meant getting video on the nav screen. There is nav2tv....or something like that who has a harness that plugs into the nav unit under the seat so you don't have to cut the wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts