Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found someone locally selling 2018 floor mats in like new condition that were replaced with Weathertechs. Looking at the pictures of 2018 mats (still waiting on pics from the seller) they are a bit different in shape. The front part of the 2018 mats don't seem be as long and they don't have the cutout in the middle of back edge. My original plan was to just meet the seller and test fit them but it looks like he's about 40 minutes away so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else has tried the newer mats in the older Armada.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
is there a local dealer you can just stop by and do this? surely (don't call me shirley :p ) there is one closer than 40 minutes away...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hadn't thought about that. Might be a possibility. Although I don't always get the best response when going to someone who sells something just for the purpose of test-fitting so I can buy from someone else..lol.

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
i gotchu. i dont see anything wrong with just walking in and looking at the mat. some lots have accessory shops and there may e some you can see in the box or on the floor. cant see the dealer having an issue with that... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I see what you are saying. I've "seen" the mats since I googled them and pulled up images. They are certainly a little different in shape. My question is how they would actually fit in the '08 which I couldn't tell without actually trying them.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Oh, I see what you are saying. I've "seen" the mats since I googled them and pulled up images. They are certainly a little different in shape. My question is how they would actually fit in the '08 which I couldn't tell without actually trying them.
If i give you the pertinent measurements on the '18 mat, would that help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That might actually do the trick! I could make a quick template based on your measurements and see how it lines up on my floor. Thanks!

Well I decided to go get them after all. The drivers side mat is definitely shorter and the retention grommets are completely different but I think it will work. The second row has a different shape around the front seats and console as well but I think I can work with that also. Sure does look sharp with brand new Armada logo’d mats! Worth the $50 bucks I paid I think! I’ll take some pictures and post when I get a chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey can you please post the photos I want to see how they look, I have a 2006 Armada and have been pricing Maxpider mats they cost over $200 but I've seen some for model year 2018 for $55 and was considering buying them can you post your pics please so I can get an idea how they look

That might actually do the trick! I could make a quick template based on your measurements and see how it lines up on my floor. Thanks!

Well I decided to go get them after all. The drivers side mat is definitely shorter and the retention grommets are completely different but I think it will work. The second row has a different shape around the front seats and console as well but I think I can work with that also. Sure does look sharp with brand new Armada logo’d mats! Worth the $50 bucks I paid I think! I’ll take some pictures and post when I get a chance.
Hi I have an 06 Armada and was going to do the same thing I was going to buy mats from a 2018 could you please post your pics so I can get an idea

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go. The drivers side mat is a little shorter than the original. You can see the retentions peg on the floor further back from the new mat. The passenger side actually fits pretty well. The back mat is more different. The new one has plastic tabs on the sides that im guessing fit under the trim but it isn’t wide enough to reach both sides. There is also a flap at the center console that probably fits under the console in the 2018. But in the end it works and is nice to have nearly new mats to dress up the Armada.

096FF50D-A818-433F-93D1-7B3BB16F8E74.jpeg F2926334-3B2B-4AF4-BA6E-6D36268DFC27.jpeg D487747F-AD89-4DCB-929C-F9AFAFA3607D.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here you go. The drivers side mat is a little shorter than the original. You can see the retentions peg on the floor further back from the new mat. The passenger side actually fits pretty well. The back mat is more different. The new one has plastic tabs on the sides that im guessing fit under the trim but it isn’t wide enough to reach both sides. There is also a flap at the center console that probably fits under the console in the 2018. But in the end it works and is nice to have nearly new mats to dress up the Armada.

View attachment 48159 View attachment 48160 View attachment 48161
Nice man thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts