Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the Armada Problems (Big & small) especially with the 04’s and 05’s, considering all the vehicles that need the brake fix. At this point what are the other main problems? I know how many TSB’s that are out there right now….I check them often. The dealer has ordered the parts for the window squeak, the door squeak (Could this one help with the squeaks and rattles?). A/C not cooling properly. The sun shade that is ripped is going to be replaced.

I know how you all feel that a 40,000 SUV should not have these kinds of problems. The seconded most problems I am experiencing are the rattles. Not in the dash area but only at the weather stripings on bumps and with body flex. The thered problem would be the hassle taking the Armada to the dealer for the issues and/or TSB’s. Sometimes it’s almost like that dreaded feeling when you are first checking out cars that you might want to buy. The sale pitches…the golden arches they present. Then when the fog clears you are at Golden Gate park anymore (what they present). You find yourself in an urban alley talking to a dope dealer (what you end up with).You fight for the fix to your $40,000 SUV.

I have never owned another SUV before so I can’t compare brakes, squeaks & rattles (let me know). I do own a used Honda Accord. I HAD a new Chevrolet Cavalier. I can tell you that the Cavalier made noise inside (rattles, road noise) and out (engine, squeaks). Being the newer car that I put thousands of dollars into over the years. I no longer have it. The Honda has been good to me (knock on wood)

We all know what these TSB’s are. Most apply to my Armada since I have a 04’ built in August. IN GENERAL…THE MAJORITY of the Armada owners. After everyone gets there brakes fixed and considering they work out for the long run like brakes were meant to work and last. And if somehow Nissan can fix the rattles…. What kind of rating would you give the Armada at that point? Lets all help each other out. We are all part of the same Armada fleet. :whip:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Even with all the problems, I don't think there is a better vehicle out there. I don't regret buying mine. But, I'd sure like an '06!!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
06'

The only other SUV I'd buy is an 06' LE Armada. The only regret I have is I didnt get Nav...............

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
No regrets here - I LOVE my Mada! :thumbup:

And remember there are a lot more satisfied owners out there that have had no problems than there are owners who have had problems. It's just that people (myself included) get on forums like this one and post to get help with the problems and it really seems bigger than what it is. JMO

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
It's weird, even though I've been battling all these problems, I still love the Armada. I'm going to claybar and rejex this thing in about 30minutes. And put on a new grill I just got.

I'm a sucker for the strong engine and good looks.

I'm hoping that after I get my power rear liftgate fixed, and driver's seat replaced, I'll be good for a couple years. Hate the Nissan dealers.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I agree Andy....hate the dealer...LOVE the truck! :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
So far dealer here has been great. Fixed brakes first time @ 2700 miles, no complaints. Didn't even test drive, just took my word for the brake judder (as if there was any doubt)
Even though this puppy is big and heavy, it's a nice ride for sure. Fact is, if I was driving a G35 or M (3,5 or 45) I'd get in trouble fast with the law, so it keeps me in check by still being an ill handling SUV (relative to the aforementioned hardware!)
I am soooo glad we did the Armada over the Sequoia, really the only other consideration.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I am very happy with my 04 Armada.

I have had the tsb's done and they are not a hassle. I got it done at Douglas Nissan, CA and they got me a rental and I was on my way the next day. I call that great service. I had a Yukon and GMC would not get me a rental or take care of me the way Nissan is. I like getting free stuff done to my Mada and having new brakes.

kevin

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
We own an 05 Le 4x4 with tech package and love it. I wouldn't buy anything else. In november, I intend to buy the SE off road 4x4. These are small problems. Most of the TSB's I can live with. I don't have squeeks or rattles and the dealer did the brake fix when I went in for a tire rotation and alignment. My only complaint is that in 2005, 06 blue was not available.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
ockevin said:
I am very happy with my 04 Armada.

I have had the tsb's done and they are not a hassle. I got it done at Douglas Nissan, CA and they got me a rental and I was on my way the next day. I call that great service. I had a Yukon and GMC would not get me a rental or take care of me the way Nissan is. I like getting free stuff done to my Mada and having new brakes.

kevin
I've been to 2 local dealers and I've had the brake problem fixed 3 times now and they would never give me a loaner car. Hopefully with the new brake fix I won't ever have to worry about that again! :schla24:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
greengoddess said:
I agree Andy....hate the dealer...LOVE the truck! :)
I'm with them. ;)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Love my Armada, frustrated with dealer

I have the 04 model and have had my brakes/rotors fixed and cut 5 times in 1 year. I have an opportunity where Nissan is willing to buy the vehicle back, but I am afraid to get the 06 model. I see some of you say the problem has been fixed? How can we verify this? I have looked at the Denali, Escalade and Hummer and I just love the Armada. I don't want anything rlse.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
romper said:
I have the 04 model and have had my brakes/rotors fixed and cut 5 times in 1 year. I have an opportunity where Nissan is willing to buy the vehicle back, but I am afraid to get the 06 model. I see some of you say the problem has been fixed? How can we verify this? I have looked at the Denali, Escalade and Hummer and I just love the Armada. I don't want anything rlse.

Any help is appreciated.
The fix definetly is good. I've had mine for 3,500 miles now and last week pulled the wheels off just to take a look. Pads are almost thick as brand new, and no dust. very little at least.

Now if Nissan will buy back for what you originally paid, and then you can get an '06, I'd take that in a second. But not worth losing a bunch of money over the brake issue.

Hummer-wise, I see the biggest dorks driving H2's out here in L.A. What's even sadder are the H3 idiots. Hey just my opinion.....

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
andy said:
Hummer-wise, I see the biggest dorks driving H2's out here in L.A. What's even sadder are the H3 idiots. Hey just my opinion.....
I agree "Dorks drive Hummers". If ya can't get the H1 (a real hummer) don't bother. H2 is a square box sitting on a Tahoe chassis.

Armada is faster, gets better mpg, looks cooler etc etc etc.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Despite having all the past brake issues, radio issues, and squeaks. I still loved the Armada. Now that all the problems are fixed, I love it even more. It is the absolute nicest looking SUV out there. As far as the person that got the '04 buyback offer to go to an '06... if they are willing to buy back at what you paid (or close to it), then I would go for it as well. I wish I could get and offer like that. I love my '04, but sure wouldn't mind cruising around in a new '06. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts