Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have SE 06 standard head unit. i was wondering if anyone know if that unit has an audio output so i can hook up an amp and subwoofer. is there other option i can do to hook that up? lastly, if i replace that unit to an aftermarket can i still hook up and use the steering wheel controls? thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
baseballfanz said:
If you keep the factory HU and use a line out converter you WILL still be able to use your steering wheel controls.
Yep!! The line out is only to convert your speaker level outputs into pre amp level for an external amplifier. The control between the HU and the steering wheel should be completely unaffected.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
JL Audio also had a nice unit that takes line out and converts for amps. They additionally electronically flatten the signal so it is much higher quality than what you start with. That thing rocks.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
brysig228 said:
i have SE 06 standard head unit. i was wondering if anyone know if that unit has an audio output so i can hook up an amp and subwoofer. is there other option i can do to hook that up? lastly, if i replace that unit to an aftermarket can i still hook up and use the steering wheel controls? thanks for any help
I used an AudioControl LC6, about 150 or so. Allowed me to connect front, rear and sub... Great Unit...

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another ? for fellas who isntall amps to their stock HU. where do you guys install the audio converter? where did you install your power amp? where did you run your wires to power your amp from the battery? how long cables did you use? thanks..

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
brysig228 said:
another ? for fellas who isntall amps to their stock HU. where do you guys install the audio converter? where did you install your power amp? where did you run your wires to power your amp from the battery? how long cables did you use? thanks..
Converter doesn't need to be accessed often. The best amp spot I've seen is the area under the floor in the rear where the jack crank is. Totally invisible. You can put it there. Put the converter in the dash near the radio. Then run the RCA back to the amp. Run the RCA on the right side and the power wires on the left (drivers). This keeps them away from each other. As for length, you'll need the longest RCA, usually 5 meters or 20 feet depending on brand. The power wire will probably be 20' or so. Gauge will depend on the amp rating. I know nothing about stereo installs. ;)

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i have couple of 10" fosgates and i would like to put em on my mada. i'm in a market for a new amp.. anyone had any experience with audiobahn, majestic, and bazooka amps? i'm in a budget so JL is out of the question. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
check out my project over the holiday. i had my amp installed and installed my cap by me and also installed a little fan. now i just need a sub cuz my old sub has rip on them.. :mad: :( damn AZ heat!

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Nice install. Get the remote on from the head unit harness. Buy some new drivers for your box. Again, JL are good, use what came with it, Kicker has some nice ones, Image Dynamics, etc. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.