Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 LE and I took all the emblems off. I washed it too and claybared it. Claybaring gets rid of all that "weather fallout" red little rust looking spots. Now it's smooth and shiny again.

I added the nitrous license plate holder for humor. I don't have nitrous on it. I had it in my white accord that is in the last pic though. I usually flip my license plate holder inside out so it's just plain and nothing showing.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took off the Armada, LE, V8 emblems. NOw they are on my fridge! haha :)

Then I decided to spell other words with it. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Does the claybar take off paint overspray? Tree sap?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
andy said:
Does the claybar take off paint overspray? Tree sap?
I would go with a cleaner wax first then the claybar. It'll take it right off. It's the best thing.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
need to ask...

Tien said:
I would go with a cleaner wax first then the claybar. It'll take it right off. It's the best thing.
how much time did you spend with the claybar?? its a really big vehicle... :confused:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
How did you take off the emblems? Did you use a heat gun? Or did you just pull them off and then remove the adhesive backing that was left over on the vehicle? Thanks

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I just did some of mine by using dental floss and removing the glue with Goo Gone,, as sugested by members here,, it worked just fine!!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gabe said:
How did you take off the emblems? Did you use a heat gun? Or did you just pull them off and then remove the adhesive backing that was left over on the vehicle? Thanks
I actually did it the hard way. I waited for a hot day like yesterday and took a creditcard sized card and wedged between the backing and the emblems. The armada came out clean with the adhesive in back. The V8 emblems was a pain in the ass. The adhesive wouldn't come out. I used my fingernails to take it out, I don't like to use goo gone. Then after i used cleaner wax and wax to take out the sticky stuff. It was a PAIN!

It must've just taken me 2hours to do the clalybaring of the vehicle. The roof of the car took the longest because it had alot of those "red rusty" spots from acid rain/weather fall out. I didnt even get a chance to wax it either! hahah I think it would've taken me 6 hours to wash,claybar,wax. It truely is a big vehicle.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
'05 wheels

i'm pretty sure that the '05 SE come with the 18" 5 spoke dark rims and the '05 LE comes with the 18" silver 6 spokes and the '05 OFF RD come with the 17" 7 spoke....not sure of that color.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hey Tien,

Get a coat of wax on as soon as possible..after claybarring your paint is bare nekkid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts