Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Armada Club,
I’m a lifelong F150/Expedition owner who finally switched over to Nissan/Infiniti. I just purchased a 08 QX56 with 116 miles and a clean carfax. While she isn’t perfect she is very nice. I have a company car so this SUV will be mainly used for weekend duty and the occasional road trip.
I’m not planning on doing too much as she is pretty well loaded. I would like to do a full led conversion of the interior and fog lights, new front struts( they are a little harsh over bumps)and a possible update of the navigation system.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for having me.
Shawn from Maryland

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
hello and welcome.

there are lots of discussions you can tiem some time to read up on here to answer some of your questions.

there is an LED thread in the mods section to give you some ideas
you can only update the maps on the stock navi system. if you want more features, you will have to go aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Welcome.

Most folks go with Bilstein shocks up front on stock springs. Either the 4600s (I have) or 5100s, which are height adjustable if you are looking for a small lift. Otherwise they are the same shock as far as I know. Lots of info on that here.

I converted all the lights to LED - it is worth it imo. You should be able to find a post here with all the bulbs and their sizes - I don't have that info handy. If you get LED fog lights post back about them, I'd be interested. Don't forget the mirror puddle light - LEDs there look good at night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome.

Most folks go with Bilstein shocks up front on stock springs. Either the 4600s (I have) or 5100s, which are height adjustable if you are looking for a small lift. Otherwise they are the same shock as far as I know. Lots of info on that here.

I converted all the lights to LED - it is worth it imo. You should be able to find a post here with all the bulbs and their sizes - I don't have that info handy. If you get LED fog lights post back about them, I'd be interested. Don't forget the mirror puddle light - LEDs there look good at night.
Great info, I will follow up soon as I start upgrading. Thanks

·
Vendor
774 Posts
Hello, Shawn and welcome to the group! Congrats on your new ride, show it to us when you can. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. If we can be any help to you don't hesitate in asking!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hi Silver08QX56,

I have the same car as you, an 08 QX56. One mod i can suggest would be the front DVD mod. All you need to do is remove the radio, cut and ground the wire going to the hand brake as well as put a simple toggle switch into the wire coming from the vehicle speed sensor. That way you can turn the switch and watch DVDs while driving, or switch the switch back and use the navigation system. I use it on long road trips alot :) (obviously only the front passenger watches the movie)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts