Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They surely don't spend money on the interior or the quality of the cheap-ass plastic parts.

I drove my Armada through the touchless car-wash as usual today, and lo and behold my rear spoiler just flew right off!

My Armada must have a demon embedded, because with all the early issues I dealt with (50+ trips to the dealer) and now this, I've had it. This thing is getting traded...sorry guys.

I'm going to head to my local Toyota dealer and pick something out. Or hell, I may get the wife a new Tahoe. Whatever I buy might not have all the horsepower of the Armada, but it also won't have the 12mpg I get either. I can live with the trade-off.

Thanks to all of you- as one of the very first posters here it's been very nice getting to know all of you! If anyone is interested in an '04 with 39k miles, email me and I'll make you a killer deal.

Kind regards,
Nathan Currie
adjmcloon

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
adjmcloon said:
They surely don't spend money on the interior or the quality of the cheap-ass plastic parts.

I drove my Armada through the touchless car-wash as usual today, and lo and behold my rear spoiler just flew right off!

My Armada must have a demon embedded, because with all the early issues I dealt with (50+ trips to the dealer) and now this, I've had it. This thing is getting traded...sorry guys.

I am stepping down as moderator for Club Armada. It's been fun, and I'm happy to help if anyone still has questions. Meanwhile, I'm going to head to my local Toyota dealer and pick something out. Or hell, I may get the wife a new Tahoe. Whatever I buy might not have all the horsepower of the Armada, but it also won't have the 12mpg I get either. I can live with the trade-off.

Thanks to all of you- as one of the very first posters here it's been very nice getting to know all of you! If anyone is interested in an '04 with 39k miles, email me and I'll make you a killer deal.

Kind regards,
Nathan Currie
adjmcloon
Your friendly ex-moderator.
Thanks for being there for us, good luck and let us know what you got. ;)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Sad thing is there isnt much to choose from. We make GM and Ford motor oil so I am in car dealerships for a living. Tahoe's are notoruios for sungear/tranny problems. Their new 6 speed transmission isnt any better. If you think the mada's bad dont go for american made. Its even worse. It was tough for me to choose. It could have been the Sequoia. The new 06 pilot is nice but its alittle under powered and only gets 3 mpg better than the mada. I had 2 BMW's and they both were towed out of our garage. Never again I vowed to buy one.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Well i heard the new Tahoe's were better quality wise and the Escalade and DEnali got like 400hp and will pull about 7 to 60 and 15. somethin in the quarter. I dont really recommend American made if your looking for reliability.

-Son of SQS

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Agreed, but "cheap-ass plastic parts" don't tow the load or leave you stranded beside the road like "cheap-ass-driveline parts" as my last GM product did. A spoiler coming off does not rate with a ring and pinion going out, embarrassing piston slap, massive fluid leaks...etc. Toyota seems like your only option, and they have brake issues too, as well as extremely chinsy thin cloth interior fabric.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Cillyone said:
Agreed, but "cheap-ass plastic parts" don't tow the load or leave you stranded beside the road like "cheap-ass-driveline parts" as my last GM product did. A spoiler coming off does not rate with a ring and pinion going out, embarrassing piston slap, massive fluid leaks...etc. Toyota seems like your only option, and they have brake issues too, as well as extremely chinsy thin cloth interior fabric.

I heard somewhere that Toyota doesnt honor their warranty for the brakes. I think your best bet is a 06' mada, you know their a lot more reliable than the 04's. Cillyone's right, Gm ruined their rep. already so i wouldnt trust a GM product.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
My mom has an 04 4-runner - loaded. It's interior is no where near the quality of the Armada actually. It's pretty sad for a Toyota. I haven't been in a Sequoia lately, maybe they are better.

Good luck with finding something new. Sorry to hear yours has been such a pain in the a$$.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
We seriously considered the sequoia when we just bought our armada. Downside of the sequoia is numerous.

1. Woosy engine
2. Dated design
3. Interior not nearly as nice as armada. Im sure the next gen. will be, and now that the tundra has just been debuted no doubt the sequoia isnt far behind.
4. Third row seat a joke compared to armada's handy split feature and fold flat

Really wanted to get back in a japanese ride and the armada fit the bill for us.

After going through 5 years of pain in a chevy suburban we are very happy with the armada. 06 may be the key for you? anyway, only a 1000 miles but very happy

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Take your time shopping. Drive everything. Take some of them home. Look carefully at interior room, third row seat utility, power and interior. Realize that all big SUV's even Toyota are having more problems that comparable cars do. If you tow, take that into consideration.

When you are all done looking, go back and drive an '06 Armada. You may be surprised to find that you made the right choice the first time, just happened to get one that was not up to snuff.

You'll get a better deal on trade by staying with the same manufacturer, and you can swap out some of your custom mods over into your new ride.

BTW you have been and ARE a great moderator. Don't go anywhere. We need and appreciate your work here.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
If you can handle a smaller size SUV I would get the new Pilot. Its oozing with quality. It disgusts me when I drove it because I actually liked it that much. There isnt alot of room in the 3rd row seat but you are able to SLIDE the second row forward to increase foot space for those in the 3rd row. Great idea. Are are so many other neat features in there. Plus it drives me nuts thinking that Ill be towing 2 honda CRF450 dirt bikes with a Nissan and not a HOnda.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Do what I did. Get rid of the 04 and buy an 06. 6700 miles so far, and no problems whatsoever. By this time, we had our 04 in the shop at least six times. PM me if you want the name of our lemon law attorney.

PS - don't want to lose a good moderator.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Can't argue with your comments, We joined up about the same time. Mine is early production, got it 10/27/03. Tons of aggrevating squeaks and rattles. Driver's door has been apart at least 8 times for window coming off track and rattling. I've basically given up on the noises. Just had rattling muffler replaced. At 35,600 mi, I don't have any warranty left. The problem is, it drives and tows like a champ. If the driveline stuff stays fuctioning well, it's hard to get rid of it since there's nothing else as good for towing ( I don't want a pick up).

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
scooter996 said:
If you can handle a smaller size SUV I would get the new Pilot. Its oozing with quality. It disgusts me when I drove it because I actually liked it that much. There isnt alot of room in the 3rd row seat but you are able to SLIDE the second row forward to increase foot space for those in the 3rd row. Great idea. Are are so many other neat features in there. Plus it drives me nuts thinking that Ill be towing 2 honda CRF450 dirt bikes with a Nissan and not a HOnda.
The Pilot is definitely more civilized but you really cannot compare it to the Armada. They are totally different vehicles, the Pilot will not tow like an Armada and the Armada will not ride like the Pilot. I need a lot of room and big tow capacity. The Pilot would not be a vehicle I personally would look at.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
SE Off Road1 said:
The Pilot is definitely more civilized but you really cannot compare it to the Armada. They are totally different vehicles, the Pilot will not tow like an Armada and the Armada will not ride like the Pilot. I need a lot of room and big tow capacity. The Pilot would not be a vehicle I personally would look at.
Then go for the new Toyota Tundra. It can tow more than an f-250 yet will cost the same as the F-150. They are going to be nice. I am looking at a LX470. That would be a nice replacement.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I am waiting for the new Toyota truck myself to replace my 01 Silverado, My Silverado has been a very solid truck though and it is paid off. I don't think I will ever jump on the 1st year production model though, not after what we have experience with the 04 Mada.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
My friend had an Lx470 and im not exaggerating when i say that thing is scary to drive. I had to drive like 200 miles in the wind and rain and the car would pitch,and pull like crazy. its not stable at all. In torrential downpour on a windy bridge i have a lot of confidence in the Qx56, enought to dip into triple digits in those conditions. I dare not touch 80 in the Lx in those conditions. TOY truck is gonna be pretty awesome but its just waiting to be smashed by the diesel Titan.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.