Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really there to run my Z, but bad track conditions, and my left front brake going bad, allowed me to make a stock pass with extra weight. The Mada was loaded down with kids stuff.

I made 3 other passes for fun, and all were close. I could not get a great launch, as the Mada would spin off the line. I'm pretty sure I could have worked down to a 14.6-14.7 with a little burn out, but hey, it's the family SUV.;)

Some guy in a stock SRT-4 was running 15's, as he couldn't drive it well, and I was about to line up with him, when he backed down.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Nice Video

VEETEC:

Nice video ! Yes,indeed, not bad for a 5500 pound SUV. Did the track give you a 0-60 time? Do you have any bolt on modifications to your beast? Were you running regular or premium gas? Thanks!

"YES, IT WILL BEAT A STOCK HEMI, HECK IT WILL EVEN BEAT A MODIFIED HEMI!, LOL!"

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
thinking alike

They say "brillant minds think alike". I to have an 04 Z, silverstone 6 speed with a jwt pop charger and an 05 Armada blizzard white se w/ leather, sunroof bose and bra. Love the video. I have thought of streeting some unsuspecting ricers but have not got the chance.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
STOCKMADA92101 said:
VEETEC:

Nice video ! Yes,indeed, not bad for a 5500 pound SUV. Did the track give you a 0-60 time? Do you have any bolt on modifications to your beast? Were you running regular or premium gas? Thanks!

"YES, IT WILL BEAT A STOCK HEMI, HECK IT WILL EVEN BEAT A MODIFIED HEMI!, LOL!"
The track doesn't give a 0-60, but I guess a calculator could be used.

It is totally stock, and had extra weight from a lot of kids stuff, as we have 4 going on 5 kids.

I had just put a few gallons of 87 Exxon in it, and it already had a few gallons of QT 89.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZUL8R said:
They say "brillant minds think alike". I to have an 04 Z, silverstone 6 speed with a jwt pop charger and an 05 Armada blizzard white se w/ leather, sunroof bose and bra. Love the video. I have thought of streeting some unsuspecting ricers but have not got the chance.
I wanted to race some of the 14-15 seconds cars there, but nobody would line up, except for two trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Tien said:
Did you see the kid fall..hahah :) I"m sorry i'm so mean :)
Good eye I missed it the first time I watched.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Really nice run. What was the weather? Temp, humidity, etc.?

Are you 2wd? 18 inch wheels? What were your intermediate times? How did you launch? Sorry for so many questions. Inquiring minds want to know! Congrats.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Armada said:
Really nice run. What was the weather? Temp, humidity, etc.?

Are you 2wd? 18 inch wheels? What were your intermediate times? How did you launch? Sorry for so many questions. Inquiring minds want to know! Congrats.
The weather was around 46 degrees, humidity was around 30%.

The Armada is a 2WD SE. I pulled up to the line after a quick tire clean off, just prior to going WOT I brake torqued it to about 1,500, and then I launched just as the last yellow lit up, going on green.

I could have heated up the tires a little bit more, and tested for traction before lining up, and worked another couple of tenths off, but I decided to take it easy on her, as she is our family hauler.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,192 Posts
Dam that's Tight!

:urock:
Dam that's Tight!

VeeTec said:
The weather was around 46 degrees, humidity was around 30%.

The Armada is a 2WD SE. I pulled up to the line after a quick tire clean off, just prior to going WOT I brake torqued it to about 1,500, and then I launched just as the last yellow lit up, going on green.

I could have heated up the tires a little bit more, and tested for traction before lining up, and worked another couple of tenths off, but I decided to take it easy on her, as she is our family hauler.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Thanks for the details on the weather conditions and for posting the time slip. I agree that if you had set up a little bit better, you might have clipped off another tenth or so.

My best times are with a sort of roll of the accelerator. I launch by going to about half throttle for the first second and then ease it on down to the floor before the 1-2 shift, rather than trying to torque brake.

That might not work for you. But check something: Have you noticed that the engine's torque management system seems to still partially work even with VDC turned off? If you have your foot on the brake pedal, it will not let you cannot advance the throttle very far. Or so it seems to me.

Maybe just punching it at the same time you let up on the brake at the last yellow, or rolling the accelerator pedal might help?

That is a really nice run, however you did it. We are proud of you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.