Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for 7 months now and love it. I admit that the gas mileage could be better though. I was thinking on the way into work this morning... ClubArmada.com appears to be the goto place for Nissan Armada discussions. Given the 11,785 2017 Armadas sold since January (carsalesbase.com), I would expect a lot more message traffic about the '17 Armada on this board. Regardless of what some of the reviewers say (JD Power, CR, etc). I'm interpreting the low volume of traffic on this board about issues, concerns, or dissatisfaction as a testament to the quality and owner satisfaction for the '17 Armada. Anybody else characterizing owner satisfaction in that way? As a former Honda Odyssey owner who spent a lot of time on the Honda Odyssey owners boards, I did see a steady stream of traffic on the Honda message boards about owner concerns. I'm glad I switched to the Armada.

...Rev

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Agree that the vehicle is solid and the only consistent complaints are specific to the erratic shifting behavior. The fact that it's based on a proven platform is one reason I bought it in anticipation of it having fewer issues than the current versions of Yukon/Tahoe/Suburbans. So far that is my experience with it.

I'm not surprised by the lack of traffic on this site. 12K vehicles sold sounds like a lot but that is fairly low volume especially when comparing to something like the high volume sales Honda experienced over more than a decade with the Odyssey. I also frequented that forum a lot when my wife drove Ody's for many years. Pretty passionate bunch of owners and tons of great info on that site.

While it would be great if there was more activity here another reason I like driving the Armada is I rarely if ever see another 17' in a parking lot much less pass one on the road. Suburbans, Yukons, Expeditions and even Sequoia's? They are everywhere. I also think many full size buyers (moms) are moving on to the ever growing list of mid-size 2 and 3 row SUV's. They are much better suited to just hauling groceries and kids anyway. Just much less so than our Odyssey's were at doing that same task. :)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, although there were documented issues with the Honda Odyssey all around, I was a passionate Odyssey owner. After owning Honda's since 1980, the primary reason I started looking elsewhere was that Honda wasn't updating their Odyssey. It was time for me to upgrade my primary driver, but I didn't see spending money on the same ol Odyssey that I already have. They were pretty much putting out the same vehicle every year; warts and all (brakes, VCM, etc). I first drove the Nissan and Toyota minivans and wasn't impressed at all. Just on a whim, I drove the Nissan Titan truck and the Armada. One test drive is all it took to sway me away from Honda to the Nissan Armada. My only issues are that the gas mileage sucks, and the local Nissan service department isn't as nice and accommodating as the local Honda service department. Neither dealership had the brightest sales staff available. In fact, I had to go to a Nissan dealership a couple of cities over before I found one that knew anything about Nissan vehicles (you would think they would at least view the youtube videos Nissan puts out on "Nissan Owner Channel"). On the plus side, the vast amounts of readily available owner instructional documentation and videos Nissan makes available is amazing. Finally, I wish there were more aftermarket mods (chrome,etc) available for the Armada to customize it to my liking.

...Rev

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Have to agree that the Ody was getting pretty boring but overall good vehicles for us. We owned three of them all purchased new - 2001, 2006, 2011. The 01' was the least reliable with the transmission failure at 110K miles. Honda paid for the rebuilt trans out of warranty for us so we stuck with them and eventually replaced it with the new 06' had zero issues with that one which we traded at 140K miles for the 11'.

My wife was burned out on minivans as she had driven 2 Chrysler minivans prior to moving to Honda's and she has been driving a Mazda 6 since 2014 and loves the car. If Mazda had a full size SUV offering capable of towing we would have seriously considered it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts