Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i added a external cooler everything else looks good idk what it is been stuck on it for 2 weeks now i even bypass the radiator tranny cooler and delete it

What if it doesn't start overheating until I was in drive for like 20 minutes without moving is that normal

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
i mean when you have the car in gear tranny fluid is sloshing around in the torque converter , so after a time that will start to get hot and the temps will raise, so its not wise to leave the car in drive and idling for 20 minutes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean when you have the car in gear tranny fluid is sloshing around in the torque converter , so after a time that will start to get hot and the temps will raise, so its not wise to leave the car in drive and idling for 20 minutes.
sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like a stupid question lol I know that my car had an issue overheating while in the drive-through and at stoplights after like a minute only when it's idling but when I put it in neutral the temperature goes down so my mechanic added a external cooler and deleted the radiator trans cooler now my car doesn't heat up like that only after about 20 minutes or so he was just testing it So I'm trying to see if that's normal and if the problem is fixed

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
you should not have to remove any part on the car that came from the factory to improve anything -- if you do then that part is faulty. is your engine overheating? perhaps you have a faulty radiator, perhaps your coolant needs changing?

i dont think that is normal for it to OVERheat though. still may be an issue somewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking the same and coolant and thermostat is new i took this car to the dealership believe it or not they did every test they could for 1 week and they couldnt figure it out

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Has the fluid been checked? Drained and filled? Correct level/amout of ATF? Even with an external ATF cooler, the temps shouldn't be rising unless towing and driving on the wrong gear(s). When I did the radiator bypass-LPD cooler on my 04, the temperature actually dropped.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I live in Southern California, and it can get pretty hot here as well. My trans temperature never goes above about 1/3 to 1/2. The only time I've seen it go above that was when I was trying to back my trailer into a parking spot, uphill, in the heat. All of a sudden, I looked down, and the gauge was about at the white dot. I put the truck in neutral and increased the RPM to about 2,000. About a minute later, it cooled back down to normal. Since then, I always keep an eye on the gauge when I'm backing up with the trailer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mines doesnt go above the white line but it will stay their untill i start moving or put in park or neutral im just trying to figure out of i have to worry

·
Registered
23 Posts
An overheated transmission can often go unnoticed until it's too late and something breaks. The most common causes of overheating include solenoid problems, fluid leaks, low fluid levels, and burnt/old fluid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An overheated transmission can often go unnoticed until it's too late and something breaks. The most common causes of overheating include solenoid problems, fluid leaks, low fluid levels, and burnt/old fluid.
solenoid is good noleaks fluid is new still

My 2010 Nissan armada transmission temperature is at 220 or the white line before H i believe at a long stop or drive thru /traffic but cools down when i start driving or put in neautral or park is that okay and normal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts