Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2013 QX56 and recently the IBA off light came on as well as the blind spot and auto brake light. The button under the dash was not pushed and every time we start it the light comes on and it beeps after a few seconds. I have also noticed that the side mirrors do not go down when the vehicle is out into reverse (not sure if this is related or not). We took it to Infiniti and they said it could be the blind spot monitors located behind the rear bumper but they were not sure and wanted almost $4000 to do this with a chance it might work. Anyone deal with this issue before?

Thanks,

Kevin R

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
you have to switch the missor switch to the left (if memory serves) to auto tilt the mirrors.

you could have an issue with the sensors, or a wheel sensor. you could have an issue with your brake system.

did they diagnose the car or were they guessing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will try that with the mirrors. I have attached a pic of there’s diagnosis of the IBA system. They mention that there is damage but it is from a previous minor accident years ago with the old owner and the system worked fine for over a year with me owning it.
Rectangle Font Monochrome photography Paper Document

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
thanks!

so the u1000 code seems to suggest you have some damaged CANBUS lines, perhaps around the area of the damage that's noted. sure you could have had the system working fine for a year but over time, its possible there is water/debris ingress into the wiring/CANBUS and this is causing you issues with the data being returned back to the ECM. CANBUS is a computer network on the car that is ran in series, so the date from one unrelated sensor has to travel through another sensor downstream to get back to homebase (ECM), so if there is any discrepancy along the way the there is no parity check, you can start to see codes popup even form unrelated sensors.

its possible your issues could be just those sensors in the area noted, so changing out the sensor would be a good idea. BUT..... look at the wiring there and see how it looks. is it damaged? corroded? frayed? you could also have some grounding issues at the ECM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts