Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My LE 4x4 front is Icon extended coilovers with PRG heim tie rod ends, PRG endlinks, PRG 1” coilover spacers, and PRG ucas for a 3” front lift. The rear is SE coils and 2” rear PRG spacers for a 2.5” rear lift. The problem that I was running in to was the the rear stock air bag shock was completely extended while the truck was sitting on the ground which meant zero droop and a rough ride. I needed a longer shock. After reading about all the other posts about testing bilsteins and having them all be too soft the only option led to Rancho. Rancho doesn’t have the best results so I wasn’t going to settle for junk. Mike ORW has been in the Titan world for over a decade. He has been a tremendous asset to the community so I figured there was nobody better to reach out for my needs.

After having the opportunity to work with Mike ORW I was able to work with Mike and Icon on developing a shock with the road tested and approved correct valving and measurements to fit an Armada. The result is out! The ride is like night and day. I couldn’t be happier. I thought I’d have to use a larger nut and bolt but the shoulder on the stock bolts made a snug fit. No need to chop your nuts off!

Contact Mike ORW for pricing at [email protected] or (800) 341-7757 x158

Attachments

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who is Mark ORW? How do I contact him? I sent you a PM requesting his contact info, yet no response?
Sorry. I didn’t realize he wasn’t a member on here. I thought he could could be PM’d. And for some reason I don’t get email notifications even though my account is set up for it.

[email protected]

(800) 341-7757 x158

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
I was gonna post this. Glad you did it. Hopefully all the people with the rear end suspension issues see this lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Long time coming! Glad you solved the puzzle!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
What are the specs on the min / max / travel length? Are these for lifts only or suitable for stock. I have had no problems with the Ranchos after dumping the air shock but I am always looking for something new / better.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the specs on the min / max / travel length? Are these for lifts only or suitable for stock. I have had no problems with the Ranchos after dumping the air shock but I am always looking for something new / better.
They can come in custom lengths for stock to any amount of lift amount.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I emailed Mike at the address provided ([email protected]) with no response. I saw that he is now a member of Club Armada, so I sent him a private message. Hopefully he sees it, I'd like to purchase a set of these.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
My LE 4x4 front is Icon extended coilovers with PRG heim tie rod ends, PRG endlinks, PRG 1” coilover spacers, and PRG ucas for a 3” front lift. The rear is SE coils and 2” rear PRG spacers for a 2.5” rear lift. The problem that I was running in to was the the rear stock air bag shock was completely extended while the truck was sitting on the ground which meant zero droop and a rough ride. I needed a longer shock. After reading about all the other posts about testing bilsteins and having them all be too soft the only option led to Rancho. Rancho doesn’t have the best results so I wasn’t going to settle for junk. Mike ORW has been in the Titan world for over a decade. He has been a tremendous asset to the community so I figured there was nobody better to reach out for my needs.

After having the opportunity to work with Mike ORW I was able to work with Mike and Icon on developing a shock with the road tested and approved correct valving and measurements to fit an Armada. The result is out! The ride is like night and day. I couldn’t be happier. I thought I’d have to use a larger nut and bolt but the shoulder on the stock bolts made a snug fit. No need to chop your nuts off!

Cool. Are the Titan mirrors plug and play?

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
Cool. Are the Titan mirrors plug and play?
Yes... If you have power and defrost just make sure you get the tow mirrors that has it. Otherwise it is not. You will lose the folding function if you have that.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

What about the sensor for the suspension system? how did you bypass that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts