Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been wanting an Armada for quite some time.We have a boat,camper,and dogs.My wife and I are emptynesters and are enjoying a semi-retirement with Covid-19 going on.We already own a 2005 Titan LE with a lot of work done to it. My 2006 Durango is getting up there in age and miles so we decided to retire it to a new owner and purchase an Armada.I also have a 2003 Pathfinder with 176000 miles on it a it that I can't kill. I've always been a Nissan fan. My first one was a 1990 Hard-body pickup which I loved.

We are exited about the Armada which we are picking up tomorrow at the dealer. A 2011 Platinum with only 77000 miles on it. I'm trying not to let all the problems I read on this forum from other owners burst my bubble. I just think all of the manufacturers have problems with their products. That's the chance you take when you buy used. I'm just glad I'm a mechanic (aircraft) by trade and can do most of the repairs myself if they arise.

I'm attracted to the Armada because it has a great towing capacity and we can travel comfortably with our dogs in the back with all the room it has. Plus I'm really not a fan of smaller cars for long trips.Probably because I'm approaching gezzerville at 57. Lol! This is our first car with Bluetooth and a backup camera so that's pretty cool to us.

So there you have it! I'm looking forward to chatting with you all about our Armadas. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

Regards!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am also a Durango convert, although mine was a bit older than yours, a 2000 with the 5.9L engine. We're on our 3rd Armada. Had big problems with the first one, but got Nissan to take it back and bought a 2nd one. Had great experiences with it, and when we came across a great deal on another one (our current truck, a 2012), we jumped on it. Not sure how reliable your Durango was, but mine wasn't all that great. Armada has been far better, other than the initial problems we had with the 2004.

Keith

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. I am also a Durango convert, although mine was a bit older than yours, a 2000 with the 5.9L engine. We're on our 3rd Armada. Had big problems with the first one, but got Nissan to take it back and bought a 2nd one. Had great experiences with it, and when we came across a great deal on another one (our current truck, a 2012), we jumped on it. Not sure how reliable your Durango was, but mine wasn't all that great. Armada has been far better, other than the initial problems we had with the 2004.

Keith
Hello Keith,
My Durango has been a great reliable vehicle.I always wish it had the 5.7 Hemi. The 4.7 was adequate but always looked to get more power out of it (Catback,Superchip,cold air intake etc...) The only major with it was the exhaust manifolds cracking but that might of been from heating them up on long grades with the camper attached.I'm sure they got cherry red. About the Armada, I wanted to make sure I got a truck with enough "nads" under the hood to do the job this time.

Roger

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you made an excellent choice. Your background as a mechanic only makes your decision even better.

I myself am new to the Armada too and am 7 months into ownership. I love this SUV. It does lack some of the new tech for audio etc but I'm fine with it. Gas mileage isn't as bad as some say but will depend on your foot.

🍻

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Welcome to the Club. I too a lover of the Armada. Had two the 04 was pretty bad with the brake booster, I moved up to a 12 this was awesome, got rid of it for a 14 Toyota Venza. Now I'm back picked up a 19 QX80, this thing is BEAST with 400hp damn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts