Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of the senior members may remember me...I started out on this forum when I bought a 2005 Nissan Armada LE. I owned it for about 2 years then Nissan bought back under the Lemon Law due to a ton of issues I was having with it including 3 different front brake replacements. I then bought a 2008 Armada LE hoping for better results but after a year or so, again Nissan bought it back under the Lemon Law because they could not get the air bag light to stay off. I loved the 2008 but my wife just did not feel safe driving it knowing the air bag light was on.

I then bought a 2009 Honda Pilot Touring AWD and drove that for about 3 years. It was a nice SUV but just wasn't big enough for my growing family. About 2 months ago we again started looking at full size SUV's and again went back to a Nissan Armada. There is nothing else out there that compares with the Armada at the same price point with the features and creature comforts included.

Here she is...a 2013 Platinum Reserve 4x4 in Pearl White

Obviously some of these pics are not mine...I haven't had the time to take some good ones but it looks exactly like this.

Here's mine at the dealership just before driving it home. We drove 250 miles to get the last Pearl White Platinum Reserve in California (from what a few local dealerships told me). The dealership put a trade block on it because they were receiving so many inquiries for dealer trades.

The 2 tone interior makes a huge difference in the looks department. Also the quality of the chocolate brown leather feels of higher quality.
The light colored genuine wood is a nice touch too.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is a hot model! :) could you please find out what the part number is for those rims? I really love the dark chrome! :)
Sure, I'll look for a part # for these wheels.

This is actually one thing I dislike about the Platinum Reserve. I would rather have the chrome wheels as they would match the roof rack and even though the grille and side mirrors are dark chrome they are not as dark as the wheels. I was actually going to ask someone local that has the 20" chrome wheels in BRAND NEW condition to trade with me but my wife quickly shot me down because she likes them. Haha!

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Is "reserved" a special edition kind of deal?
Yes, it's a package they add to the Platinum model. MSRP is only $2090 for the package but I got VPP pricing so it only added about $1400 to the overall cost of the vehicle. Pretty good for what's included.

Features:
Dark Chrome Exterior Trim (Grille, Side Molding and Side View Mirrors)
Body Color Exterior Front Door Handles
20" Dark Chrome Aluminum-Alloy Wheels
2-tone Chocolate/Almond Leather Interior
Chocolate Colored Dash/Steering Wheel/Interior Door Handles
Light Angiere Genuine Wood Trim
Dark Chrome Interior Accents
Cup Holder Lid for Center Console
Chocolate Colored Carpeting and Floor/Cargo Mats
Platinum Reserve Badging on the Exterior and Interior

The interior alone is what did it for me. If I would have gotten the Pearl White in the Platinum edition only it would have just the plain all tan interior, fake wood trim and no cup holder lid. The leather feels of higher quality as well.

This package was first released in 2013 and I believe it's continuing into 2014.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Got a couple things done...

* Weathertech liners for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rows

* Had the windows tinted, 5% in the back and just had them put the UV clear up front (no pics yet).

* I contacted a local custom upholstery shop and had them make these slip covers for the front headrests to protect the DVD screens. They just slip on and off when needed and match the interior like they came from the factory and they only charged me $40...I searched online and really couldn't find anything like this but the upholsterer said it was his first time making something like this and thought it was a great idea!

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Since reading the posts about the Volant CAI, I've come across a few websites that say Volant Part#128566 (dry filter) is not compatible with a 2013 Armada. Volant does not sell direct so will give them a call on Monday to verify and to find the correct online seller. Have also seen where the dry filter is offered on some sites as an add-on accessory for the #12856 (oiled filter) kit for $30 'extra.' That seems a bit bogus to me when Volant markets them under the two kits under two different part numbers.
Let me know about this...I wouldn't mind getting a CAI but would want a dry filter. I hate the K&N oiled filters.

Welcome back ! I must say am speechless
It sure deserve the Reserve title
Dude..i know i am late but that is the baddeest FACTORY Mada I have ever seen.
I too have a 2005 with so many SMALL issues. I know if I try to trade it I would not get anything for it. That is sooo nice because a.They FINALLY upgraded the steering wheel/leather interior b. White is the ish!!

CONGRATS!
Thanks guys...

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I've done a few things over the last month or so...

New wheels. I went with the Texas Edition aka Heavy Metal Edition 20" Chrome Wheels that came stock on Titans only. I picked them up off of eBay for only $620 shipped and they were basically brand new.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I replaced all of the interior and exterior light bulbs with Xenon White LED’s.

All of the LED’s were purchased from eBay except the (4) interior door lights. The T10 Wedge Bulbs from eBay would not fit so I ran down to my local Autozone and picked up (4) Sylvania LEDriving 6000k bulbs. They were a perfect match to the eBay bulbs I have. Only downside is they were $5/each. I paid $15 for the (20) T10’s bulbs!

I used these bulbs for the Front Row Courtesy Lights (2), Glove Box Light (1), 2nd and 3rd Row Dome Lights (4), Puddle Lights on the Side View Mirrors (2) and for the License Plate Lights (2).

The 31mm Festoon bulbs were used in the Front Row Map Lights (2), Drop Down Vanity Mirror Lights (2) and Cargo Area Dome Light (1).

I didn't take any interior pictures of these lights on inside my Armada because my iPhone camera made them appear more blue then they actually are.

I first put these Sylvania LEDriving 6000k bulbs in the Puddle Lights to get an idea on how they look for actual improvements in brightness over the stock halogen bulbs. Very white lights but there is still a very small hint of blue in them. I don't know about you but I hate blue lights.

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
LED Tail Lights...Another eBay item but these are actually really nice! One of my favorite additions so far. The quality appears just as good as OEM and they look factory IMO. I also installed LED back up lights to help with the back up camera since I tinted my windows 5%.

I've had them for about a month now...So far no issues.

Factory on the Left vs. LED's on the Right

LED Lights have a Metal Mounting Post

vs.

Stock Lights have a Plastic Mounting Post

LED Reverse Light Bulbs
These were purchased from eBay (from pstarhk) and are described as "921-912-906 T10 Samsung High Power LED Reverse Back Up Projector Lens Lights - 6000k Xenon White"

Stock Halogen vs. LED Lights

LED Lights only

· Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
We are ordering the 2014 now. First choice is Java Metallic but we might go with Pearl White. Good looking Armada, congratulations!

Troy
Either color is a good choice but if I had to do it again I would have gone with the Java Metallic. The dark chrome wheels look perfect on this color. I'm happy now with Pearl White after getting through chrome rims.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.