Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i install the AVE how can i add regular TV into the system??? all i need is a tuner and antenas? if so which make and models are recomemended and what are the directions for the install??

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
fiddlyD said:
after i install the AVE how can i add regular TV into the system??? all i need is a tuner and antenas? if so which make and models are recomemended and what are the directions for the install??

fiddlyD
All you need is a car tvtuner and diversity antennas. Depending on your area, you probably won't get crystal clear reception and at best you may only receive 4-5 channels. I have one installed in my mada and can only get 5 channels of watchable quality. I bought my setup at Frys Electronics, however I have not tested any other tuners to determine if mine is any good.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do u install it

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
fiddlyD said:
how do u install it

fiddlyD
I originally wanted to hooked it up to an AVE switcher but you beat me to it...dammit, now I have to pay full price for it. Anyways, I hooked it up to the aux port in the back of my aftermarket DVD player. I have a picture of the tvtuner here. In your case, you would just hook up a set of RCAs from the tvtuner to an input on the switcher. It's a very easy install.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Do you have a DVD player yet? I'm sure you already do but if not get a Blaupunkt ME3 w/ built in tv tuner. I have a 15" Audiovox with a crappy built in tv tuner, I got the Blaupunkt ME3 and a Myron Davis external antenna, I can pick up all local channels pretty clear. I try a few difference diversity antenna and they all were not to good but the Myron Davis is pretty good. For those living in Houston, you know Channel 2 is hard to pick up, here's a screen shot of Channel 2 from the Blaupunkt tv tuner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i was thinking too.....and i guess you would switch from dvd,nav,tv with the remote control on the AVE.... :hmm:

sorry i beat you to the nav! but im fiddly and your diddly lol

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
baseballfanz said:
Do you have a DVD player yet? I'm sure you already do but if not get a Blaupunkt ME3 w/ built in tv tuner. I have a 15" Audiovox with a crappy built in tv tuner, I got the Blaupunkt ME3 and a Myron Davis external antenna, I can pick up all local channels pretty clear. I try a few difference diversity antenna and they

no i have the OEM dvd setup

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Do you get reception while you are driving? I have a tuner setup in my Lincoln TC (Alpine) with an antenna in both my front and rear windows. I get good recepetion while parked (depending on where I park) but nothing worth watching while the car is on the move.

I have been told that the only TV setup that really works is the factory system in the Range Rover (or if you decide to get the Directv satellite system for your car).

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
ny_armada said:
Do you get reception while you are driving? I have a tuner setup in my Lincoln TC (Alpine) with an antenna in both my front and rear windows. I get good recepetion while parked (depending on where I park) but nothing worth watching while the car is on the move.

I have been told that the only TV setup that really works is the factory system in the Range Rover (or if you decide to get the Directv satellite system for your car).
I get decent reception while driving. I guess the moral of the story is to not get too crazy over the tvtuner. It provides only a handful of fuzzy channels at best.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
armada741 said:
:cool: are the tv tuners even that clear??
Mine can be at time but more often than not its barely watchable. It does do a good job when sitting in the mall/grocery store parking lot while the wife is shopping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.