Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while ago about a possible leak. Several mentioned possibly a leak in the lines to the tranny cooler. Would this type of leak be intermittent?

I bought an 04 LE about a month ago - and my father in law noticed that there were some leak spots in his driveway. I park there and let the car run 2x a week for 15 minutes or so while I pick up my daughter. After he mentioned it I put a clean towel under the car in my garage for a week (there were spots on my garage floor too, but it's hard to say if they were my old car or this one). No sign of anything leaking, so I stopped worrying. I even left it run over the towel for 10-15 minutes a few times to see if maybe it only leaked while running.

On Tuesday shortly after I left the inlaws, FIL noticed the leak spot again (seemed to be the first time since) and said no one but me had parked there. I looked at it today and when I rubbed it, it appears to be clear - it didn't come up black like I'd assume oil would. And, today while it was parked there it didn't leak????? There were two separate spots - almost reminded me of what it looks like after you shut the air conditioner off on a hot day....

Would a tranny leak only leak at certain times? It never runs hot, tranny wise or oil wise. I don't know what else it could be....that would only leak sometimes. Would it just leak when the tranny gets hot and is pushing fluid though the cooler? I have no idea how the tranny cooler works. It's just about due for an oil change, so I'll mention it to the dealer, but it's still got me wondering.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My differential overflow? :confused: :D

No idea, it could be. Any way to describe that? I'm not particularly mechnically inclined. :eek: The leak spots are always at the front of the car - on the passenger side, about half way between the center of the car and the right front side.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
That is where the transmission cooler lines are. It sure sounds like that is where the leak is. Take it to the dealer. There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) out on this problem. Your dealer is aware of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.