Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brass Pass posted a message referring to a coin tray. It seems like this item is often missing. Can someone post a pic or description of this item, I don't think we got one. Thanks.

edit: I found info for the coin tray but we dont have one. Is this item an accessory or part of a option package? We have a SE 4x4 with the sunroof package (includes leather and Bose).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
233 Posts
RKS said:
Brass Pass posted a message referring to a coin tray. It seems like this item is often missing. Can someone post a pic or description of this item, I don't think we got one. Thanks.

edit: I found info for the coin tray but we dont have one. Is this item an accessory or part of a option package? We have a SE 4x4 with the sunroof package (includes leather and Bose).
do you have a pic of this "coin tray"? and where is it suppose to go?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
233 Posts
RKS said:
here is a link


pics

is this item an add on? cuz' i didn't get it on my SE. it's a cool tray to have, but not willing to pay $60!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
458 Posts
It is something that was supposed to be included from what I have been reading everywhere. The problem is very few of them ever got installed. I have no idea why but most people don't even realise it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
233 Posts
m4ck said:
It is something that was supposed to be included from what I have been reading everywhere. The problem is very few of them ever got installed. I have no idea why but most people don't even realise it.
has anyone had luck going back to their respective dealers and getting this coin tray? cuz' i've always wondered where to put loose change, without it splashing around!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
MacFly said:
has anyone had luck going back to their respective dealers and getting this coin tray? cuz' i've always wondered where to put loose change, without it splashing around!

They pulled one out of another Armada for me :) Sorry if it was yours......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
233 Posts
llajumpvid said:
They pulled one out of another Armada for me :) Sorry if it was yours......
damn you! :mad:

lmao......did you go back or did you realize it and went back a few days/weeks after?

just called the GM of the dealership where i got my 'mada and he said he'd give me one!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
received a follow-up call from the dealer/owner today regarding our purchase last week and he told me he would pull it from another Armada for me also!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
68 Posts
A coin tray came with my SE, and wasn't on the options list - so I'm assuming everyone should have one. I though about ordering a second one for the aft console. They are a bit pricey though.

Drew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
91 Posts
Ah! Yes, the "infamous coin tray." It is an elusive beast at best. Adam, my salesman at New-Nissan.com, emailed me the other day and said he had asked the parts guy about it. The parts guy told him it was discontinued in his latest catalog. But, he would be receiving another catalog and it might be listed.

Adam said he would keep looking for one. I fully expect to find one in the mail soon along with my touch-up paint. Adam has so far shown himself to be a man of his word (no pressure... if your lurking Adam :)) .

While perusing the Armada Owner's Manual today I saw the infamous coin tray pictured in one of the drawings. It may have even been referenced. I'll have to check it again and report back with a page number.

I'm also getting weary of not having a place for change. I hope Adam finds one and sends it soon (once again, no pressure... if your lurking Adam). I think it's a conspiracy. Some enterprising Nissan employee is getting to them before the customer and he is going to set-up shop on the internet and make a fortune selling them to the ignorant masses. ;) Maybe it's the head guy Goshan (sp?) trying to make a little coin on the side. Not that he needs it or anything.

Anyways, I'll keep you informed about my quest to obtain one of the elusive and at best infamous coin trays. :)

One more item while I have your attention... VOTE BUSH, VOTE BUSH, VOTE BUSH, VOTE BUSH. I feel much better now.

Tim :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
233 Posts
Brass Pass said:
While perusing the Armada Owner's Manual today I saw the infamous coin tray pictured in one of the drawings. It may have even been referenced. I'll have to check it again and report back with a page number.
if you could get back to us, that would be great!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
91 Posts
John, et. al.,

After many hours of exhaustive research and one too many candy bars out of my kids trick-or-treat bag, i've found it. Shown in the 2004 Pathfinder Armada Owner's Manual on page 2-35 of the Instruments and contols section and commonly known as "diagram WIC0642" to those in the know, is the elusive and infamous coin tray in black and white. Isn't she a beaut Walt!

Tim :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
MacFly said:
damn you! :mad:

lmao......did you go back or did you realize it and went back a few days/weeks after?

just called the GM of the dealership where i got my 'mada and he said he'd give me one!
Saw it that night, they grabbed one the next day for me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
129 Posts
You guys are getting me anxious to get my hands on one (free of charge) now. I thought it was only an accessory -- and around 50 bucks!!!! Think I'll give my dealer a call this week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got munie yesterday. the dealer had to look through most of the Armadas before he found one. they seem to be a bigger pain in the a$$ than they are worth.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
COIN TRAY - The True Story

I spent an afternoon with Nissan Parts and on the phone with Nissan Corp.
The coin tray is mislabeled on the Nissan factory dealer parts diagram. It shows up next to the shifter, and not in side the center console. Also is labelled as CUP HOLDER, until you drill down on the description, then shows it as a coin holder.

The part number on my order form is 96925-78000(hard to read the writing)
It is STANDARD and included on ALL Armada's up to 10/2004. Basiaclly all 2004's should have one, and not included on 2005's.

So if you have a 2004, this is a $85 factory item that you should have in your Armada or Titan. If you don't, you should go back to your dealer and have them look at the details on the part that shows up next to the shifter that is labelled as a cup holder. When you click on that item, then it finally shows up as a coin holder.

Nissan has two parts lists. One for parts that come standard on the Armada and one for accessories. The COIN HOLDER is on the standard list.

I've spoke to 4 dealerships and everyone is truly stumped to why the Armada's are not even coming with these from the factory. Many are speculating that because the parts list is mislabelled, the factory in Tenn. is just not putting one in, because the diagram shows it next to the shifter. The other theory is that salespeople and customers are stealing them. But because they don't fit in any other Nissan other than Armada and Titan, and there are none on eBay, I believe Nissan is just not putting these in.

I looked through over 60 Armada's yesterday to "borrow" a coin holder, not one single coin holder to be found.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
174 Posts
andy said:
I spent an afternoon with Nissan Parts and on the phone with Nissan Corp.
The coin tray is mislabeled on the Nissan factory dealer parts diagram. It shows up next to the shifter, and not in side the center console. Also is labelled as CUP HOLDER, until you drill down on the description, then shows it as a coin holder.

The part number on my order form is 96925-78000(hard to read the writing)
It is STANDARD and included on ALL Armada's up to 10/2004. Basiaclly all 2004's should have one, and not included on 2005's.

So if you have a 2004, this is a $85 factory item that you should have in your Armada or Titan. If you don't, you should go back to your dealer and have them look at the details on the part that shows up next to the shifter that is labelled as a cup holder. When you click on that item, then it finally shows up as a coin holder.

Nissan has two parts lists. One for parts that come standard on the Armada and one for accessories. The COIN HOLDER is on the standard list.

I've spoke to 4 dealerships and everyone is truly stumped to why the Armada's are not even coming with these from the factory. Many are speculating that because the parts list is mislabelled, the factory in Tenn. is just not putting one in, because the diagram shows it next to the shifter. The other theory is that salespeople and customers are stealing them. But because they don't fit in any other Nissan other than Armada and Titan, and there are none on eBay, I believe Nissan is just not putting these in.

I looked through over 60 Armada's yesterday to "borrow" a coin holder, not one single coin holder to be found.
That is great info. That is the confirmation I needed to push my dealer to look a little harder. Thanks!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
896 Posts
$58 For That!!

:confused: I had problem getting the link to the coin tray to open but I finally got the picture and I know what you guys are talking about now. I got one and I guess it is nice to have but If they would have cut $58 off the price ot the truck I gladly would have given it up. :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
258 Posts
Not wanting to burst your bubble, but...

Mine came with a coin tray and we just don't find it all that useful (but I'm not giving it up!). I use it to store extra plugs and ear pieces for the phone. Mostly it gets in the way when I go to pull my Caselogic CD binder out of the center console.

Maybe I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I don't leave coins in the truck because small hands like to feed them into the CD player, heater vents, and any other space that adults would never think of. When I do have change after getting coffee I put it in the small tray to the left of the gauge cluster.

Happy hunting for the coin tray.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
32 Participants
04ArmadaLE
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing
Top