Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
JJR, I have an 07 Qx56 that had about 170k on it, and had all the same symptoms yours has. I thought it must be a dying battery so swapped and still had intermittent no-starts. Finally took it to a good indie shop and they traced it to a bad starter. Replaced that and it's all good since! Cost around $700 because it's located under the intake manifold, so it's a bit of a plain to get at. Good luck, let us know what it was when you get it fixed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Similar issues with my 2011 Armada, no crank. When it wouldn't start, applying 12V signal right to starter wouldn't engage start motor. Replaced starter, now works fine. This is pretty basic troubleshooting, surprised your dealer can't figure it out. I know these systems are complicated, but the service manual spells it out pretty clearly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's been 9 days since I replaced the battery (Duralast Gold 810 cca, best I could find) in the wifes QX56 no starting issues to report, I did buy a battery tender as the dealer suggested, I'm going use it over night every 2 weeks and we'll see how it goes, I appreciate eveyones input, I'll report back with periodic updates.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts