Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infotainment system in my 2021 Armada is extremely glitchy. The volume control will get stuck on navigation voice volume and will not allow me to change the volume on the radio or the volume of a caller on Bluetooth. In addition, the direct tune knob does not scroll through station on satellite radio. Lastly, periodically the system randomly shuts down and reboots all by itself while I am driving.

When the volume control gets stuck on Navigation voice volume I have to hold down the on/off button for 15 seconds to do a hard reboot to get the ability to adjust the radio volume again.

I took it into the dealer and they told me that these glitches are because the cellphones I have paired to the radio have operating system versions higher than what the radio can handle. They said I need to be patient and these bugs will work themselves out via future system updates.

Hard to believe that a vehicle at this price has such nuisances in its performance. Anyone with the same experience? Is the Dealer Service Center feeding me a line?

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
what phone are you paring? the OS version should matter NOT. "higher than what the radio can handle"? LOL what does that even mean? thats a BS story to kick the can down the road.

that said though,

ive seen a lot of 2021 users with issues with screens going dark, and issues you suggest. there are bugs in the system for sure that MAY or MAY not be resolved. the good thing is the system can be updated easily via a software update, so maybe just give it time, r spend time at the dealer making them fix the issue, or buy your car back.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
47 Posts
I didn't know you could hold the on/off knob down for 15 seconds and hard reboot the system (?). But, I agree with the dealer about phones, updates, keeping up, etc. I can't imagine trying to keep it all organized and functional. I have an iPhone Xr paired with mine, through the wireless carplay feature and it works as it should 95% of the time. This was early on but, we were on the road and my wife plugged in her phone, to charge, using the usb that is designed for wired carplay and the system immediately started flipping out, doing the same as you said above (restarting, freezing, etc). She uses the power source on the back side of the console now. When I was on the road last week, on Tuesday or Wednesday, I got a notification that the system needed to load an update. I'm currently running this version and it seems to be smooth so far:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The infotainment system in my 2021 Armada is extremely glitchy. The volume control will get stuck on navigation voice volume and will not allow me to change the volume on the radio or the volume of a caller on Bluetooth. In addition, the direct tune knob does not scroll through station on satellite radio. Lastly, periodically the system randomly shuts down and reboots all by itself while I am driving.

When the volume control gets stuck on Navigation voice volume I have to hold down the on/off button for 15 seconds to do a hard reboot to get the ability to adjust the radio volume again.

I took it into the dealer and they told me that these glitches are because the cellphones I have paired to the radio have operating system versions higher than what the radio can handle. They said I need to be patient and these bugs will work themselves out via future system updates.

Hard to believe that a vehicle at this price has such nuisances in its performance. Anyone with the same experience? Is the Dealer Service Center feeding me a line?

This is the same response we got from our dealer when complaining about BT connectivity issues with our iPhones, dropped calls, horrible static, etc. on our 2019 Armada. That was almost two years ago and nothing has changed. To see that Nissan still hasn't fixed these issues with the 2021 remodel is very disappointing. We love our Armada, but there are just too many small annoyances that are really unacceptable in a vehicle of this price / class. It may be our last Nissan if The issues aren't fixed in the next couple years.

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
whats working with this new system is the ability to do OTA updates more easier than having to come into a dealer and getting their CONSULT tool to do any updates. does not mean things will change but this process does make things easier on the backend.. :)

it sounds like the bluetooth use is a major issue for you. i would not hold my breath for a car maker to fix something that, in your words, has been the same issue for years. i know if I had a 21 and had these issues everyone else had, i would either demand another vehicle or get my money back and find a vehicle that meets my needs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts