Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for help and suggestions. I have an Armada that roll over, Sun Roof is ok and has no damages, however, the rest of the metal roof and ceiling is destroyed. The question is I got a complete metal roof from front to back with no sun roof opening is solid. Can I remove the sun roof and all it's component from the damage metal roof and installed in on the other metal roof? Please let me know, I need ideas, ways to do it? is this possible? if it is how can this be done?

Thank you in advance for all your help and cooperation.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
trinidad said:
Looking for help and suggestions. I have an Armada that roll over, Sun Roof is ok and has no damages, however, the rest of the metal roof and ceiling is destroyed. The question is I got a complete metal roof from front to back with no sun roof opening is solid. Can I remove the sun roof and all it's component from the damage metal roof and installed in on the other metal roof? Please let me know, I need ideas, ways to do it? is this possible? if it is how can this be done?

Thank you in advance for all your help and cooperation.
Could you take some pics and post them, this way anyone with ideas might be able to look and advise you :cool:

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Might be tough

There are installers that do sunroof installs in non-sunroof vehicles. But this is normally when you buy the sunroof through them. They may not do it if it is a used part (too much liability). But if you find one that will you would probably have to have the roof and mechanicals removed and brought to the installer. Check with the body shop doing the roof replacement and see if they know an installer that does sun-roof work. That might be your best bet. They could work something out.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

FL_Crushin said:
There are installers that do sunroof installs in non-sunroof vehicles. But this is normally when you buy the sunroof through them. They may not do it if it is a used part (too much liability). But if you find one that will you would probably have to have the roof and mechanicals removed and brought to the installer. Check with the body shop doing the roof replacement and see if they know an installer that does sun-roof work. That might be your best bet. They could work something out.
I asked that question already and unfortunatelly, I got no positive answer. Any other suggestions, probably cutting it myself with the right measures?

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Are you serious?

trinidad said:
Any other suggestions, probably cutting it myself with the right measures?
Surely you can't be serious? Last time I saw a homejob sunroof was back in the early 90's on my buddies Plymouth Sundance Turbo. I would have to say the environmental integrity of a 'home job' has a little to be desired (let alone the warranty). Well I guess if the whole top half of your Armada is from the chop shop, then what can it hurt to torch a sunroof in. GO FOR IT! And pleeeaaassseee post pics. :udaman:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Sure you can do it. With time, money and know how, you can modify anything. Keep in mind that you have get a new headliner (since the old one is damaged), then you will need to replaced the overhead console in the non-sunroof version. The Armadas have a different Homelink/reading light console for the sunroofed and non-sunroofed. If you want the stock look, need to by controls from Nissan. Transfer all the old parts, don't forget to run your drip lines down through the a-pillar, so you wouldn't get soaked. When you cut the roof open, make sure to make a perfect opening templet, cause, if you make a bad cut with you Saws-all, you are screwed :mad:
Or, you can gettin done by a Certified professional aftermarket installer whom specializes in aftermarket sunroofs. They will do a great job and give a lifetime warranty, depends on the sunroof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.