Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-
I just bought an 06 Armada LE with the tech package. I did not get the factory DVD system, but want to add one. I want a screen that is larger than 8" for the overhead, but can't find anywhere to get it other than the dealership. I would also like to put headrest screens in too, but am afraid this will ruin the comfortability and look of the drivers and passengers seats. I live in Phoenix, any help would be great.
Thanks, Pulhiter
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
391 Posts
Check out the ANS190 by Myron & Davis. It is a 9" overhead screen that bolts up to the factory location on your overhead console. I was ripped off thru a local stereo shop. I paid $750. You should be able to find it online for less than $600. If you have the steel interior, the exact color match is STEEL not MEDIUM GRAY. Quality is good, just wish it rotated 360 degrees. Unfortunately there isn't too many options for the Armada unless you are willing to cut into the overhead console and have something custom installed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
pulhiter said:
Hi all-
I just bought an 06 Armada LE with the tech package. I did not get the factory DVD system, but want to add one. I want a screen that is larger than 8" for the overhead, but can't find anywhere to get it other than the dealership. I would also like to put headrest screens in too, but am afraid this will ruin the comfortability and look of the drivers and passengers seats. I live in Phoenix, any help would be great.
Thanks, Pulhiter
Hi and welcome, you can find a DVD screen larger than 8" at any audio/video store, but becareful of the flip down it might block your rear view mirror. i have two headrest 7" monitors and the kids are happy with that. Once I decide to sell the Armada and want to keep the system i will just buy two new headrest. But you can also order two head rests with 7" monitors already installed that matches your interior trim. Surprise is growing fast I was there for Christmass right by the airbase :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
391 Posts
ggeorgie said:
Hi and welcome, you can find a DVD screen larger than 8" at any audio/video store, but becareful of the flip down it might block your rear view mirror. i have two headrest 7" monitors and the kids are happy with that. Once I decide to sell the Armada and want to keep the system i will just buy two new headrest. But you can also order two head rests with 7" monitors already installed that matches your interior trim. Surprise is growing fast I was there for Christmass right by the airbase :cool:
The 9" Myron & Davis will not obstruct your view thru the rear view mirror. It doesn't hang down anymore than the compartment door that is already there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ggeorgie said:
Hi and welcome, you can find a DVD screen larger than 8" at any audio/video store, but becareful of the flip down it might block your rear view mirror. i have two headrest 7" monitors and the kids are happy with that. Once I decide to sell the Armada and want to keep the system i will just buy two new headrest. But you can also order two head rests with 7" monitors already installed that matches your interior trim. Surprise is growing fast I was there for Christmass right by the airbase :cool:
Thanks for the input, did you istall the screens directly into your headrests, or did you purchase the headrests with the screens already in them? Do you notice any difference in comfortability? And yes, Surprise is growing sooo fast, next year it will look completly different, but I wouldn't live anywhere else. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,408 Posts
pulhiter said:
Thanks for the input, did you istall the screens directly into your headrests, or did you purchase the headrests with the screens already in them? Do you notice any difference in comfortability? And yes, Surprise is growing sooo fast, next year it will look completly different, but I wouldn't live anywhere else. :)
I installed the monitors on my existing head rest, which was a big a mistake, b/c the monitors do not tilt and the point of view is very uncomfortable for the kids, I had to seat the kids on pillows to be able to see the monitor good. My advise is to install the head rest with monitors mounted matching the interior of your trim, and make sure that the monitors do tilt forward and backward, there is many different models and makes out there. Just don't do the same mistake I did. Surprise is a very nice, but I don't know how is the weather in Summer Time? :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
ggeorgie said:
I installed the monitors on my existing head rest, which was a big a mistake, b/c the monitors do not tilt and the point of view is very uncomfortable for the kids, I had to seat the kids on pillows to be able to see the monitor good. My advise is to install the head rest with monitors mounted matching the interior of your trim, and make sure that the monitors do tilt forward and backward, there is many different models and makes out there. Just don't do the same mistake I did. Surprise is a very nice, but I don't know how is the weather in Summer Time? :cool:
Get a set of 04 headrest. They have a flat back making them perfect for monitors. I think they run $40 or $50. Or http://www.webzone.us/audio/product.php?productid=16608&cat=0&page=2
http://www.webzone.us/audio/product.php?productid=16411&cat=0&page=2
http://www.webzone.us/audio/product.php?productid=16625&cat=0&page=2
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
llajumpvid said:
Do the 04 headrests look the same as the 06 headrests? Does anyone have a picture of a set of headrest screens that were purchased through mobile4less or another website? I would want to see if it looks alright. I am having a hard time wanting to cut into my headrests. :) Also did anyone purchase the Myron 9" screed that pops into the unit, if so what is the quality of it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
As far as the headrest question, the 04 headrest are larger and more square in shape. They changed the design in later models. I can't think of what they call the feature but they move forward under impact. That was the reason for the redesign.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top