Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Trying to figure out if I want to install my own neon rather than paying someone a rediculus amount of money to do it for me. I am looking for ideas on where to install neon as well as a little how too. I have seen threads regarding wiring to the battery and am wondering if someone has any diagrams of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
282 Posts
bigsilverarmada said:
Hello all,

Trying to figure out if I want to install my own neon rather than paying someone a rediculus amount of money to do it for me. I am looking for ideas on where to install neon as well as a little how too. I have seen threads regarding wiring to the battery and am wondering if someone has any diagrams of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I want to do the samething, were you able to do this? please let me know.
Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
282 Posts
Installing Street Glow

Smoke8r said:
Me too!, if you're refering to getting rid of the "dated" ugly as $)*@^@# amber dash lights. I want specifically the Volkswagen blue. Any help or am I in the wrong thread?
Yes, this is exactly the color I want Blue and blue. Please help us, give us suggestions. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Changing the dash color isn't what they are talking about. THey want to put flexible neon lights under the dash, etc. So the interior is lit by neon. It looks like neon rope lighting, kinda like those cheap necklaces sold at clubs that are flexible glow sticks.

It sounds like you want to change the gauge cluster light color, which is entirely different. Lighting neons was one of those fads that lasted under 2 years around most of the country and has been pretty much dead for over 2 years. Sometimes show cars use it to light up their work at shows, but that's about it at this point. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
498 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Changing the dash color isn't what they are talking about. THey want to put flexible neon lights under the dash, etc. So the interior is lit by neon. It looks like neon rope lighting, kinda like those cheap necklaces sold at clubs that are flexible glow sticks.

It sounds like you want to change the gauge cluster light color, which is entirely different. Lighting neons was one of those fads that lasted under 2 years around most of the country and has been pretty much dead for over 2 years. Sometimes show cars use it to light up their work at shows, but that's about it at this point. ;)

I'm gonna have to agree with TB on this one. He makes a good point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Changing the dash color isn't what they are talking about. THey want to put flexible neon lights under the dash, etc. So the interior is lit by neon. It looks like neon rope lighting, kinda like those cheap necklaces sold at clubs that are flexible glow sticks.

It sounds like you want to change the gauge cluster light color, which is entirely different. Lighting neons was one of those fads that lasted under 2 years around most of the country and has been pretty much dead for over 2 years. Sometimes show cars use it to light up their work at shows, but that's about it at this point. ;)
I still think it looks cool but I agree with you I won't be doing it to the Armada. I was thinking about installing white neon in place of the foot well lights just so things are lit up better but I don't think I'll do it.

I did the interior in my Maxima and I loved the results. You could not see the bulbs, only the light:









Throw all the rice you want....I still think it looks cool :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
498 Posts
To each its own spta! That's what makes this community great. Everybody's different in their own way, taste, and preference. We need the diversity! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
galaktified said:
To each its own spta! That's what makes this community great. Everybody's different in their own way, taste, and preference. We need the diversity! :)
I just find it interesting when I did it people were screaming "RICE!" because it was neon. However the same people thought that LED light was "Cool". Neon has gotten such a bad name but it is great for indirect lighting.

I wonder how long before people are crying "Rice" about the blue gauge clusters? :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
Smoke8r said:
Actually I didnt mean to trash it. It does look cool.
Galak is right, diversity is AWESOME!
I didn't get that sense so no offence taken. I knew at the time it wasn't for everyone but those who had a problem I would always say "Ya know, you can just turn them off". :rolleyes:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top