Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 QX56 that needs a replacement instrument gauge cluster. Current one went from intermittently operating to mostly being dead. Truck still drives and I would go the repair route, but the one week downtime for a long distance repair doesn't work for me.

Looked on ebay and found several used ones and that's what leads me to this question about compatibility...

The one in the truck is a part number: 24810-ZW12A.

Online I've found that both the 24810-ZW12A (for a 2010) and 24810-ZQ10A (for a 2008-2010 depending on production date) are both superseded by 24820-ZX95A. What is the likelihood that if they are both superseded by the same part number that they are also interchangeable?

There's a lot more availability, and therefore lower prices, on the 24810-ZQ10A part number. Just don't want to buy the one that doesn't match what's in the truck and find out it's not compatible somehow. Visually they look the same of course.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Super Moderator
5,409 Posts
you need to worry about a cluster that has the SAME FEATURES and trim options as the car its going in. if you get a cluster that does not have the same options as what your car has, you will get canbus errors and idiot lamps popping up because the cluster is looking for the features its designed to look for.

also you need to make sure the odo matched your original mileage. you can get it reprogrammed but that may be a major cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. From what I call tell the differentiating features are with or without adaptive cruise control. All other features seem to be standard for the QX56 from 08-10. None of the ads state anything other than that one option, so I don't have anything else to select besides the ZW12A vs ZQ10A part numbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't try to figure out compatibility yourself, you won't have access to all the specifics of chipsets and such. Sometimes they differ slightly just based on which factory they come out of. Also- definitely consider going the legit route and have the replacement cloned to your old cluster. Insurance and resale and all that can be finicky about mileage and tampering. Dealers will definitely cost you a fortune but I've had really good experiences with Nissan Instrument Clusters - Replacement Cluster Panels, Dash Panels, Gauge Clusters, Speedometers for Nissan getting me on the right side of the law without having to depend on the dealer. They can reference your VIN and take care of all the compatibility issues so you don't end up with a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts