·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Took my Armada on a 4 hours road trip to Hidden Falls Adventure Park to see how my bumpy rear will behave on long road trips and see how my auto leveling handles the bumps offroad. And also, I wanted to see how far I coupl push my Armada to do some hardcore stuffs and difficult level 4 or 5 trails. Well, I did push the Armada and had A TON of fun and definitely was rewarded with damage on my Armada. A huge dent. But it was all fun. It will be my reminder of what it means to take your rig for rock crawling.

The park was full of JEEPS only from www.jkfeaks.com.

I mean, these people were amazed at me. People asking me why I am wheeling in such a luxurious car. Asking if my Armada would make it. LOL and then asked if that was my daily driver. I said no and they asked what I had as my daily driver if I am using this to tear up on the trails. One guy said I bet it is a Nissan GTR. I said, no. It is a Nissan Maxima. It was really funny, but I had a great time, even though I dented my Armada, lol, on some tight level 4 trail that was in a stream with tons of rocks.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Lifted Armada getting into park

Met up with some guys and asked if I could wheel with them. They said sure.

Winching some rocks to make a road for a decent

Then they decided it was time for beer break. I don't drink, so I got a coke.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Then stopped to take some poser shot by a waterfall where it ended up being about 20 jeeps with atvs coming here for poser pics.
Down in the stream below is the trail we did which is a level 4. That is where I hurt my Armada bad with a dent. But it was a lot of fun

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Beginning of the level 4 trail. My lift on my Armada served me well here if not, it would have been terrible. Then because this trails was super tight at some spots, I got too close to a rock and dented my gas tank cover and scratched around it. Pretty nasty, but it is more than ok.

At the end of the trail. The ascend to the top was crazy. When I made it, I got a lot of thumb ups and claps.

Last shot with the group as I was about to leave after about 4 hours of wheeling.

My exit of the park with dent on gas tank area
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Subscribed! I've been lurking in these forums forever and this is the most useful thread (for me) I've come across. I'll be 5100/2" PRG here in a few weeks. Just deciding on max tire size to go on stock 20" without much wheel well hassle.

On behalf of those that lurk and never post, thanks for all your hard work!

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Awesome sounding adventure and great pics! I only see one video posted though.
Thanks.

I have uploaded all the videos finally.

The 4th video is the most interesting and funny and that is where I got a dent on my car. It was all fun.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Alright friends,

After weeks of reading through (sometimes very old) posts, I have potentially decided upon my first Armada mods. This thread was by far the most helpful as @PetitFrereArmada has detailed the entire process so thoroughly. Thank you!

Lift: Bilstein 5100 / PRG 2" rear spacer $338

Wheels: MB Wheels TKO 20x9 $660 - I think I saw these on @Pops Armada once upon a time?

Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler A/T 305/55/20 $1228

Should I expect rubbing from this combo? I have the Pinch Weld Mod how-to bookmarked just in case but I haven't looked into it yet to see how difficult it is. I appreciate any feedback/opinions.

Thanks!

Later plans: Replace factory sidesteps with probably N-Fab Wheel to Wheel nerf bar ($443), HID lights (haven't started that research project yet), grill, replace broken fog light assembly.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,991 Posts
Alright friends,

After weeks of reading through (sometimes very old) posts, I have potentially decided upon my first Armada mods. This thread was by far the most helpful as @PetitFrereArmada has detailed the entire process so thoroughly. Thank you!

Lift: Bilstein 5100 / PRG 2" rear spacer $338

Wheels: MB Wheels TKO 20x9 $660 - I think I saw these on @Pops Armada once upon a time?

Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler A/T 305/55/20 $1228

Should I expect rubbing from this combo? I have the Pinch Weld Mod how-to bookmarked just in case but I haven't looked into it yet to see how difficult it is. I appreciate any feedback/opinions.

Thanks!

Later plans: Replace factory sidesteps with probably N-Fab Wheel to Wheel nerf bar ($443), HID lights (haven't started that research project yet), grill, replace broken fog light assembly.
That wheel/tire combo would be my suggestion. Mine are 18" instead of 20".

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Alright friends,

This thread was by far the most helpful as @PetitFrereArmada has detailed the entire process so thoroughly. Thank you!
Thanks for the compliment. I am glad I could help.

Your list looks impressive. I must say when I started doing my lift, little did I know that as soon as you start doing a lift, it is very easy to see yourself spending $1,000 to $2,500 or more even. That is what people do not know, but it adds up pretty quick as soon as you start messing up with your suspension.

Will you replace your springs? I like the fact that I replaced mine. And I just ordered the stiffer and taller springs for the rear. I will install that whenever I get it some time.

I think the springs help give a noticeable lift. The springs together with the prg 2 inch kit makes this a 3 inch lift. That is based on my experience so far.

I am hoping whenever I install the rear taller SE springs, my auto leveling will not be maxed out.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I'm guessing since you guys are all going off road with your rigs that your not to worried about wheel/tire weight...

I would love to throw on a set of chunky mud tires, but the only off road my truck sees is a gravel road while it's under construction haha.

I have spent all this money making it faster so I can't justify going from 38lbs to a 70lbs+ tire just for looks.... Maybe I need to get myself an off road toy...

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I'm guessing since you guys are all going off road with your rigs that your not to worried about wheel/tire weight...

I would love to throw on a set of chunky mud tires, but the only off road my truck sees is a gravel road while it's under construction haha.

I have spent all this money making it faster so I can't justify going from 38lbs to a 70lbs+ tire just for looks.... Maybe I need to get myself an off road toy...
LOL, that is funny. But you are right. Customize your rig to your taste and wants.

There are tons of lifted trucks in my area. About 80% of the ones I have seen look pristine and I doubt the owners take them offroad. Many people lift their trucks for the look. That is it. Some lift it so they can go offroad and maybe do some hardcore stuffs. That is me.

Also, one can take them offroad on mild trails or take them and do what the die heart offroaders do: Go break some stuffs!!!

I personally just recently loved offroading and I love going out on the trails. It is a lot of fun. But it comes with its consequences. Be prepared for body damage. I am very ok with that. This is just a car, we can always buy a new one any time. Or have a toy. I choose not to have a toy yet..

This weekend, I am telling you that people were amazed at me. They thought either I was just too rich or didn't know what I was doing bringing such a clean looking Armada and putting it through such a beating. And for some reason, people always feel my Armada cannot keep up with them. To which I always smile because I believe my Armada can beat them offroad and on road.

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
@DrestonF1

How much lift are you looking for? I was looking for 2 inch, but ended up with 3.5 in the front and 3 in the rear (auto leveling maxed out to guarantee me this 3 inch in the rear). I am very happy with the 3 inch I ended up with, though that was not my original goal.

Do you have auto leveling? Oh, feel free to show us pics of your beast, if you do not mind. What trim and level do you have?

Based on the fact that you are going with larger tires, then you need clearance and the best and safest height you can have.

This is what I would do with if I was you.

FRONT
Titan pro4 spring with the bilsteins on middle. And this would hopefully come out to be 3.5 inch in the front like mine. But if you install those huge tires, I am sure you will end here with 4 inch, based on what I read from one other member who did this and ended up with 4 inch in the front. Your tires may easily clear here though they may rub a bit. But I think there is no coil bucket contact here. But I am not 100% sure. I am only 100% sure about my current setup since I am living it.

REAR
PRG 2 inch spacer with taller and stiffer SE rear springs. This is what I want to do now on my rig and I am hoping to get 3 inch lift in the rear without having to max auto leveling. In fact, I am hoping this lift may be 3.5 inch. That would be great. But if you do this with your larger tires, I am guessing you will get to 4 inch which will help clear your big tires better with little or no rub. But again, I am not 100% sure on this.

I am no expect and this is far from my professional field, skill, knowledge and background. Everything I know I just learned from reading a lot on this and multiple forums and attempting what I can and sharing my own results and experience.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I have gone out a few times with my buddy in his sunrunner and it's always a blast. I just finished helping him wire his lights and both winches.

Next step is dropping in a 2.5L diesel that we pulled from an old nissan pickup. I would love to get out in the trails, but my Armada is my main vehicle and I also use it daily for my business so I can risk having it down.

I'll just have to settle with reading about your adventures for now :).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
very nice pics PetitFrereArmada here a few pictures of mine from August and this past weekend with some of the So. Cal Nissan Off-Road crew

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
very nice pics PetitFrereArmada here a few pictures of mine from August and this past weekend with some of the So. Cal Nissan Off-Road crew

Great pics!!! And this my friends, is what you call going offroading. You can see good pin stripping on the Armada that would never be buffed off. Reminds you of the good times.

This life is ONE. You have just one to live. Make everlasting memories with family, friends and your hobbies. And Go out and enjoy before life creeps up on you.

Make memories and Enjoy life.

101 - 120 of 143 Posts