Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 04 Armada has been through it all (the other 04's know what I'm talking about). I had thought about 6 months ago that I had everthing fixed. BUT...an annoying little sqeek/creek noise started to come from the center console. So...knowing that there has been well documented removal and replacement of the console, I felt confident this job is better done by myself. So, I took it apart, verified the roof fix had been done, but then noticed something intertesting. The main plastic support piece, under the DVD (I don't have) and control area, had two unused support holes. The front of this piece hooks into two holes, it has two vertical posts, and then two screws towards the back. Well, as I pushed on this bracket, the front part made the sqeek. I pulled back the headliner (stretched it a little, and put two screws (same size) through the front holes, into the cross bow (which also had two machined holes, but no plastic insert). It tightened things up 100%. I still can't figure out why these two front holes were engineered, yet never used?? Does anyone else (of those curious enough to solve problems on their own) have these two unused screw holes???

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TooTall said:

Yah, I thought of that when I was dinking with it. No pics, didn't have the camera...sorry . I just wanted that thing fixed before our big thanksgiving trip tomorrow. It's pretty easy to spot though once you pop off the console. (I've never removed the console before, and was finished in 20-30 minutes tops) They are identical holes on the front cross bow, similar to the ones on the back cross bow. If pics are desired, they'll have to wait until I'm back in a week. This whole project could be done in 15 minutes easy.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just reviewed the "squeak from center rear roof console" thread from jechambe. There are pics there..BUT.. the support plate I'm talking about is plastic in my console. His (he had DVD) was a metal one that was riveted to the roof!!! I thought that was interesting. My plastic support under the console was removable...the metal rivetted one is obviously not removable. When I get back I'll have to take pics if anyone is interested. The directions in jechambe post are excellent for removing the console. I wish I would've read them 1st.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
looking for instrucions to remove center console to replace dvd player--please help

:) Hi,..is it easy to replace the dvd player or should I hire a professional? I ordinarily can do this sort of thing But after removing the 2 screws on top, I am stalled...can you help? thank YOU!

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,985 Posts
ozzz1 said:
:) Hi,..is it easy to replace the dvd player or should I hire a professional? I ordinarily can do this sort of thing But after removing the 2 screws on top, I am stalled...can you help? thank YOU!
Welcome to the Club!!! This thread is over 2-years old. I think we can help you through what you're wanting to do if given more details. Do you have the OEM or an aftermarket DVD System??? What exactly are you wanting to replace???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.