Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Black LE, and I'm about to order the Myron Davis ANS178 video screen...

My interior is Graphite, but the overhead console looks light gray...

My only problem is - I'm not sure if my interior trim is considered "Medium Gray", or "Steel Gray". Myron & Davis has 2 shades of gray.

How can I determine this ? I have looked at the sticker & do not see anything to let me know.

If anyone else has ordered a ANS178 or ANS190 for a 2005, with the light gray overhead console, please let me know which one you ordered.

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
armada_fan said:
I have a 2005 Black LE, and I'm about to order the Myron Davis ANS178 video screen...

My interior is Graphite, but the overhead console looks light gray...

My only problem is - I'm not sure if my interior trim is considered "Medium Gray", or "Steel Gray". Myron & Davis has 2 shades of gray.

How can I determine this ? I have looked at the sticker & do not see anything to let me know.

If anyone else has ordered a ANS178 or ANS190 for a 2005, with the light gray overhead console, please let me know which one you ordered.

Thanks !

Go with Model # ANS190, that is a 9" screen and will fit in your mada in the stock location of the factory monitor.

The Color I am not sure about but I will check for you. I will look tonight.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I ordered mine last week. I do have the light grey interior as well. I'm not sure which one was ordered as my stero installer did the ordering, but I will ask him today...

I hope he ordered the right one and I did notice that too, that there were two colors of grey...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Ok, I just spoke to my installer and he ordered me the "medium Grey". The Steel Grey will be too light for the interior of the Mada, I hope he is correct anyways...

Makes sense, the medium grey should be the one... please check somehow on your own, do not go by me in case it is wrong...

anyways, it should be here in two days and I will post pics and let you know that the color is right :)

btw, he told me the 7" screen which I had originally ordered was backordered for a long time and for an extra $100, he is getting me the 9", which should still fit in the factory slot nicely without modifications...

sweeeeeeeeeeet

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for checking - I'll wait on your pics.

Also, I would rather have the 9 inch too, but the price difference I've been seeing is more like $275... If I can find it for just $100 more, I'll go with the 9 inch version.

I'm ordering the screen myself, then a local stereo shop will install it.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Well, keep in mind this has been my stereo guy for the past 15 years.
That said, he still has to pay his bills.

Total cost, installed $1049 !! Not bad for the 9". I believe he told me it will be installed with the FM modulator. I know there are other ways, but it should be just fine that way. Don't want to make this more complicated than it is.

It should be here tomorrow and hopefully installed on Saturday if he can get me in.

I will certainly post pics and results once completed.

hope this help...

btw, Weston Nissan wanted $1200 for the 7.8" screen, Myron Davis installed.
Go figure.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking @ $469 for the ANS178 - thats me ordering it off the net.
Plus $425 for the Local Installation, DVD player, and wiring it into my AUX input.

For a total of $894, then I'll have to get some infrared headphones. Based on other posts, I may have the installer go ahead & add an inline amp for the AUX input.

When its all said & done, I'll probably have $1000 in it.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Heat03 said:
is it better to have it to aux?? is that difficult to do?

any difference from FM modulator??
Hard wired to the aux will give you better sound quality, but the volume level will likely be low so you will need an inline amp. It's super easy to tie into the aux jack. Thake this diagram to the installer. if they are even remotely competent they will know how to hook it up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My installer said going in AUX was adding about $70 to the installation price.

On our previous vehicle, we had FM modulator dealer installed video system... worked fine 99% of the time. Occasionally when we traveled into an area that had a radio station transmitting at the same frequency as our modulator, we would get interference for a few minutes.

Sound quality on AUX will be better, but if you are using it primarily for small kids videos, you should be fine. I'm just going AUX based on the 1% of the time mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
sweet.

Thanks much guys...

I will mention it to the installer and if it's a big hastle and it is only for my little guy in the back seat, I may just leave it through the FM mod.

I will post pics and comments once installed and I'm hoping that to be very soon..... it's really a necessity for a small child in the back seat :)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Install done !!

Looks, and sounds great. hooked up through AUX. Was not difficult, the installer told me.

I will go take pics now and post for ya...

Great system so far !!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I'm eager to see your pics too! I'm getting mine installed on Thursday into the aux with a 9" M&D (Medium Grey) -- Was that the right color?
What was your final bill?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
O.K. - I just got the M&D ANS190 Steel Installed & it is the exact overhead color match for my Armada...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
armada_fan said:
O.K. - I just got the M&D ANS190 Steel Installed & it is the exact overhead color match for my Armada...

YEP I GOT THE SAME ONE, AND AS I POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD THE STEEL IS AN EXACT MATCH. THE MED. GREY IS SLIGHTLY LIGHTER. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts