Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I close the door, the interior lights stay on; the only way to turn them off is with the switch on the roof in the front. But, the puddle lights stay on when I do this. I know that the lights have a delay of a few seconds after you close the door, but this is way longer than the delay, so that isn't the issue. I don't get a "door open" light on the dash when the ignition is turned on, and the foot lights / door panel lights don't stay on, so I don't have a door not completely closed. Any other ideas?

Keith

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,204 Posts
Campfamily said:
When I close the door, the interior lights stay on; the only way to turn them off is with the switch on the roof in the front. But, the puddle lights stay on when I do this. I know that the lights have a delay of a few seconds after you close the door, but this is way longer than the delay, so that isn't the issue. I don't get a "door open" light on the dash when the ignition is turned on, and the foot lights / door panel lights don't stay on, so I don't have a door not completely closed. Any other ideas?

Keith
Sounds like either your tailgate door isn't closed all the way or you got a bad switch on one of the doors.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
No. The open doors light should be connected to that circuit. You shouldn't get the lights on but the doors closed signal. Are you sure it isn't on delay? I think the delay can be set out to a long range using the tech package, possibly up to 5 minutes long.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
92TripleBlack said:
No. The open doors light should be connected to that circuit. You shouldn't get the lights on but the doors closed signal. Are you sure it isn't on delay? I think the delay can be set out to a long range using the tech package, possibly up to 5 minutes long.
I didn't think to check if that was possible. Maybe one of the kids was messing around without us knowing, and changed it. I'll check when I get home. The puddle lights did go off eventually, I think after about 10 minutes or so, but I was thinking it was the battery minder that turns off everything after a set time period.

Keith

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,204 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Good looking out TB! Since I don't have the tech package:( , I didn't think about that setting.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
92TripleBlack said:
I think the delay can be set out to a long range using the tech package, possibly up to 5 minutes long.
Nope, not an option. Only delay option is the headlight off. Thanks for the idea, though.

Oh well, I guess a trip to the dealer is in order. I hope this isn't the start of something regular, I've been down that path before.:mad:

Keith

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
lights on

Campfamily said:

Keith
check the rear glass hatch....if it is open the light switch will keep the lights on but the door ajar will not always be on. you sould also check if the rear main hatch opens intermitently, this would be another clue..

tg

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CDNArMaDa said:
check the rear glass hatch....if it is open the light switch will keep the lights on but the door ajar will not always be on. you sould also check if the rear main hatch opens intermitently, this would be another clue..

tg
Thanks for the hint, but the rear glass doesn't turn on the interior lights when it is open, it only turns on the light in the cargo area. Rear hatch works fine.

Like I said in an earlier post, looks like a visit to the dealer net week.:(

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Works fine now....

Well, now the lights seem to be working fine. I'm suspecting the switch up in the roof console. Only thing that still stumps me is that the roof switch doesn't turn on the puddle lights. :confused: ?????:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That's what threw me. Maybe she's (the mada) just messing why you?:confused: ;)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
92TripleBlack said:
Maybe she's (the mada) just messing why you?:confused: ;)
That's what I'm afraid of.....my 04 loved to mess with me, I ended up being on a first name basis with darn near everybody at my local Nissan dealer because of it. It's been nice not having to deal with car problems since last November!:) :)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh well, the problem is back. Off to my favorite place tomorrow........wonder if they'll remember me?

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Maybe you should ask for a reserved seat in the waiting room. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took it in this morning, they just called a few minutes ago, said they found a short in the right puddle lamp. I'll be picking it up in a few hours, hopefully this is my one and only visit with this Armada!

Keith

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
My '06 is having the same problem - just curious if your trip to the dealer (short in the puddle lamp) finally fixed the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LY-TEE said:
My '06 is having the same problem - just curious if your trip to the dealer (short in the puddle lamp) finally fixed the problem?
Yes, everything has been fine.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boy, now here's a blast from the past......this thread is over 13 years old!!!

So, I'm old now, so memory banks are getting a bit fuzzy.....but from what I remember, the interior and puddle lights wouldn't turn off after we got out of the car. The dealer traced it to a short in the right mirror housing, and when they fixed it (not sure what they did), the problem went away. When this was happening, I did NOT get a door open or door ajar warning on the dashboard.

That Armada has been gone since 2013, now driving a 2012 Armada. So no idea if the fix held up, but it did work from 2007 until 2013.

Keith

1 - 19 of 19 Posts