Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the brake fix done a few months ago at 7500 miles and now only awith 12,000 miles on my 2004 I notice an intermittant squeak, origin unknown. It doesnt neccessarily happen when I apply the brakes, but does happen sometimes when I apply the brakes. Could this be the indicator? What is the brake pad life on this vehicle with moderate driving? I hate squeaks and noise coming from my vehicle. Does anyone have a clue of what this might be?
Cold and wintery in Pittsburgh!

· Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Mike said:
With the brake fix done a few months ago at 7500 miles and now only awith 12,000 miles on my 2004 I notice an intermittant squeak, origin unknown. It doesnt neccessarily happen when I apply the brakes, but does happen sometimes when I apply the brakes. Could this be the indicator? What is the brake pad life on this vehicle with moderate driving? I hate squeaks and noise coming from my vehicle. Does anyone have a clue of what this might be?
Cold and wintery in Pittsburgh!
Our 04 did this most of the time, after the brake fix. I'm not a mechanic, but I suspect the brakes had been apart so many times (4 times on my vehicle) that damage had been done to some of the other components not yet replaced. Or, the service monkey that put it together hadn't done something wrong. Anyhow, I solved it by getting a new one, no noises or juddering now!
Sunny and warm in SoCal!

Keith

· Premium Member
28 Posts
Hi Mike:

I am ex-Pittsburgher...dont miss the cold! Go Steelers! How yuns doin?

Time to take it back to the dealer! With only 3500 miles on your new brakes...that should not happen so soon, unless you had to hit your brakes extremely hard in an emergency situation.

On a side note...did you hear about the guy in Pittsburgh who had a heart attack when he saw Jerome Bettis fumble at the end of the game? He apparently was so distraught about that play being 'The Bus' last one before he retired!

Kevin

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Sand_Warrior said:
Hi Mike:

I am ex-Pittsburgher...dont miss the cold! Go Steelers! How yuns doin?

Time to take it back to the dealer! With only 3500 miles on your new brakes...that should not happen so soon, unless you had to hit your brakes extremely hard in an emergency situation.

On a side note...did you hear about the guy in Pittsburgh who had a heart attack when he saw Jerome Bettis fumble at the end of the game? He apparently was so distraught about that play being 'The Bus' last one before he retired!

Kevin
Well, I had to take my 05 at 2300k for the brake fix ;)

2300miles

· Premium Member
28 Posts
ggeorgie said:
Well, I had to take my 05 at 2300k for the brake fix ;)

2300miles

GGeorgie,
Mike has already had the final fix...new style rotors et al. Doesn't your 05 have the old style rotors? If so, those start squeeling with wheel shimmy when braking at very low odometer readings. Are you saying that you have the squeel after your 'brake fix' ?
My first brake job was at 7000, they turned the rotors and replaced the pads. That lasted until 11000 miles, where they replaced with old-style rotors, but the new, low-dust pads. At 26500, I have just started to notice a slight/brief bit of squeel only at the start of braking and only when decellerating from 15-20 mph.
Thanx...Kevin

· Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Sand_Warrior said:
GGeorgie,
Mike has already had the final fix...new style rotors et al. Doesn't your 05 have the old style rotors? If so, those start squeeling with wheel shimmy when braking at very low odometer readings. Are you saying that you have the squeel after your 'brake fix' ?
My first brake job was at 7000, they turned the rotors and replaced the pads. That lasted until 11000 miles, where they replaced with old-style rotors, but the new, low-dust pads. At 26500, I have just started to notice a slight/brief bit of squeel only at the start of braking and only when decellerating from 15-20 mph.
Thanx...Kevin
My bad, I missed that part. yes I did have the old style rotor that I changed at 2300 Miles, and now with 17500 miles still no problem, but maybe I don't brake hard, I guess it depends on how your driving style is. :cool:

· Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More info

It seems after having listened to the nosie that the squeal is happening while im driving at relatively low speeds 10-25 MPH. When I brake the squeal stops but some times it begins again after releasing the brake.
I definately need a whell alignment done, which is rediculous at only 12,000 miles on my Armada. I'll have it looked at when I go in for service. I know one thing, and that is if I have to replace any brake pads at this low mileage im going to consult a lemon law attorney, but I'll stay positive for now and see where it leads. Will post after the service on this matter.
As far as the guy having the heart attack during the last Steelers game, it just goes to show ya that some people just get too into things. I will predict the Steelers over the Broncos 28-24.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.