Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
here is my simple iPod set up using a docking station. in conjunction with a remote, it's in a perfect spot!

i had it mounted with velcro and it sits just fine w/o any movement! and the wiring is hidden well enough for a clean install. my installer tapped into the AUX from the back, leaving the input on the front side of my dash free.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
MacFly said:
here is my simple iPod set up using a docking station. in conjunction with a remote, it's in a perfect spot!

i had it mounted with velcro and it sits just fine w/o any movement! and the wiring is hidden well enough for a clean install. my installer tapped into the AUX from the back, leaving the input on the front side of my dash free.
how did you hook up the power for the ipod and how the heck did you take off the fron panel to hook or tap on the aux?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
brysig228 said:
how did you hook up the power for the ipod and how the heck did you take off the fron panel to hook or tap on the aux?
my installer used a belkin car charger and tapped the power to the cig lighter. as far as how they took off the panel, i have no clue! they did the custom work on my NAV monitor, so they are very familiar with how to take the panel off. as for me, i have no clue. maybe someone out there might know.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
pqalfred97 said:
Anybody hook an ipod up to thier dash with minimal wire visiability. Any pics?
i sure have done it. i used belkin car charger and it came with a cup. i did take the center armrest up and ran the cables. i used a Monster brand double male to go from ipod to aux dash input. (note i would recoment you not use monster because the cable is so thick and not easily bendable.)
bottom line like 20 min on the install. i'll take pics today if i can and post.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
baseballfanz said:
If you wait, Nissan is coming out with an interface. They just released one for the Xterra, I ask them about the Titan and they say it will be release soon. Can control your Ipod from the steering wheel, need sat. ready head unit.
http://www.yournissanparts.com/index.cgi

Thank you for answering my question, I should had come here first. I was just looking for an interface as you call it. I didn't know the name until now. Thanks again

Thomas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.