Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to use my IPOD with my stero system, but I do not like plugging into the Aux connector. I want something cleaner and I hate losing the volume.

There are ways to hardwire it in, but today, I discovered a kit that will power the IPOD and includes a mount. It sends the IPOD signal to the radio via an FM transmitter. My question is what kind of quality will I use by using this FM transmitter?

Anyone know?

G

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Aux> FM Modulator> Tape deck conversion thingy

As far as quality, if you are a true audiophile you may be dissappointed but for people like me I just want to hear songs without having to drag 100s of CDs with me. I am not too worried about true studio reproduction.

I have an iRiver that is only audible at high settings and I couldn't find any type of line amp to bump up the volume.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Do a search for ipod and you will find many posts that will tell you all about this.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Going thru the aux plug is going to give you MUCH better quality than the fm transmitter. As far as losing power, I must be the only one here who has lost NO volume using the aux plug. The 12 setting is loud and I've never had it over 15.
Maybe you just need to turn the volume up on the ipod before you start.

Allen

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Ipod connected to pioneer unit

Thinker62 Last week I had an Ipod installed in the mada. I have the Pioneer Navigation head Unit (AVIC-N1). In March of this year Pioneer came out with an adapter to hood up your Ipod to the head unit. The awesome thing about this is you see all the IPOD read out through your Monitor and you use the touch screen to operate. You do not have to touch the ipod for nothing and it even charges the Ipod. Sound quality is exactly like playing CD's. Awesome!. The only thing is you have to have a pioneer unit that has that capability. I got a nice bracket from Ipod and I installed it on the dashboard where the 4X4 knob goes. I don't have a 4X4 so that worked out great. Looks sweet and sounds even better.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALEX said:
Thinker62 Last week I had an Ipod installed in the mada. I have the Pioneer Navigation head Unit (AVIC-N1). In March of this year Pioneer came out with an adapter to hood up your Ipod to the head unit. The awesome thing about this is you see all the IPOD read out through your Monitor and you use the touch screen to operate. You do not have to touch the ipod for nothing and it even charges the Ipod. Sound quality is exactly like playing CD's. Awesome!. The only thing is you have to have a pioneer unit that has that capability. I got a nice bracket from Ipod and I installed it on the dashboard where the 4X4 knob goes. I don't have a 4X4 so that worked out great. Looks sweet and sounds even better.
I did try it and it was OK. But I can hear the difference and that will bug me. I also am not satisfied with the location of the IPOD. It is pretty clean....just not finished enough. I am going to go for te hard wire set-up. Now I need some of you to show me pics of where and how you have the IPOD holder mounted. I don't usually like the brackets that stick out of the dash. They look too much like aftermarket add on. I want to mount it in that cubby hole some kind of way. Any suggestions? Any pictures?

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Here are pics. of the Ipod mounted on the dash. I had it custom mounted in that cubby too but changed my mind because of the storage space I had to give up just to mount the Ipod. Another thing you may consider too is the mounting that I'm using comes with some cups to mount in your cupholder but again I didn't want to use one of my cupholders. Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
ALEX said:
Here are pics. of the Ipod mounted on the dash. I had it custom mounted in that cubby too but changed my mind because of the storage space I had to give up just to mount the Ipod. Another thing you may consider too is the mounting that I'm using comes with some cups to mount in your cupholder but again I didn't want to use one of my cupholders. Good luck!!

whats up with the pathfinder and tenzo emblems?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Ok, so I'm looking for an FM transmitter for my armada.

Can anyone suggest a good one? Or maybe the one with an outlet splitter for the car charger and FM transmitter would work better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts