Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

iPOD via AUX headphone plug?!

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  The_Flood 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to plug in a two sided male headphone connector from an iPOD to the AUX plug on our dash?!

i was in a Apple store today and thought of getting an iPOD for my 'mada. Belkin has a cup holder for iPOD's and if i can plug the iPOD into the the AUX plug and have it play through the system.....that would be awesome!!!

any and all inputs welcome!

#2 ·
I haven't done but it should work fine.

#3 ·
MacFly said:
has anyone tried to plug in a two sided male headphone connector from an iPOD to the AUX plug on our dash?!

i was in a Apple store today and thought of getting an iPOD for my 'mada. Belkin has a cup holder for iPOD's and if i can plug the iPOD into the the AUX plug and have it play through the system.....that would be awesome!!!

any and all inputs welcome!
It may be a little on the low volume side but it will work. The aux port has about 25% of the volume compared to the other sources. You can get a line level amp that will fix it though. The Belkin may have a built in amp..as may the ipod. If you don't have a dvd I would tie into the dvd prewiring and then you can select ipod from the steering wheel or rear controls.

#5 ·
Armadaof1 said:
Not with an ipod but I've used my Dell Axim Pocket PC and had great results. It's the rough equivalent of when you used to connect your portable CD player via that funky cassette deck adapter. Shouldn't be a problem.
how's the volume level? but from what i was told, if you plug in directly into the AUX, it should be the same as the original quality. i was told that there's three ways of hookin' up an iPOD, from worse to best.

• FM Modulator
  • Cassette Tape adaptor
  • hard wire it to factory system (via AUX)

#8 · (Edited)
I use my iPod in my Armada everyday. I found the best thing to do is use the belkin car charger with the audio out and amplifier. The charger plugs into the bottom of the iPod and does not require you to use the volume on the iPod at all.

Car Charger

I actually plug the charger into the lighter on the back of the console by the floor. Then I strung the male to male 3.5mm cable around the passenger side of the console, actually tucked under the console. Then the cable comes out just below the AUX jack and plugs in. This way you only have one cable coming out of the bottom of the iPod and when you get out of the Armada you can just put your iPod in the console without unhooking it and all the wires are almost totally out of sight.

#9 ·
stoutbanga said:
I use my iPod in my Armada everyday. I found the best thing to do is use the belkin car charger with the audio out and amplifier. The charger plugs into the bottom of the iPod and does not require you to use the volume on the iPod at all.

Car Charger

I actually plug the charger into the lighter on the back of the console by the floor. Then I strung the male to male 3.5mm cable around the passenger side of the console, actually tucked under the console. Then the cable comes out just below the AUX jack and plugs in. This way you only have one cable coming out of the bottom of the iPod and when you get out of the Armada you can just put your iPod in the console without unhooking it and all the wires are almost totally out of sight.

That's a great solution to IPod cables & AUX volume issues.
Thanks!
Jay

#10 ·
The Transpod by DLO is also a good solution for folks looking for an uncluttered look. It's 3 things wrapped up in one.. it holds the iPod, charges it and transmits via the FM modulator. Work like a champ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.