Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I searched the forum but came up nothing.
The questions is, can I use K&N cleaning kit to clean the True Flow filter?
I have the K&N cleaning kit stocked up in my garage and I was wondering if it does any harm if I use it to clean the True Flow filter.

Please advice.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
From the True Flow website FAQ:

Can I use K&N oil or other gauze oils on my True Flow Filter?
NO. Only True Flow oil can be used. Oils used for gauze filters do not have additives to prevent them from leaching out of the filter.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Got mine here in Kansas city out the door for $44.00. Tru Flow filter $29.99 and cleaning kit $10.99 + tax of course. Check around locally might get a better price. Called the place and they had it brought in from their supplier that day.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get it from a auto part chain store? I searched through the autopart stores in my area - Kragen's, NAPA, AutoZone but no luck. They only carry K&N. I checked TrueFlow web site for dealer who sells it and the closest one is more than 50 miles away. :(

cfranzen said:
Got mine here in Kansas city out the door for $44.00. Tru Flow filter $29.99 and cleaning kit $10.99 + tax of course. Check around locally might get a better price. Called the place and they had it brought in from their supplier that day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.