Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had the Armada a few weeks and we are still getting aquainted. But is there supposed to be an idiot alarm or tone for the parking brake? I drove about 1.5 miles with mine lightly engaged last night and had no idea that the pedal wasn't released.

Secondly.. I don't seem to get very much heat in the way back via the side/floor vents. Does the car need to be moving or something for the heater to work in the back? It blows air fine.. but it is only luke warm. It was 70 degrees out when I checked operation and the car was stationary. Maybe it has something to do with ambient temps picked up by the sensor on the dash?

Third.. is there a way to disable the headlight delay or horn beep when turning off the car and activating the alarm? I would like the lights to go out immediatly with out honking the horn. I'm hoping the alarm can be programmed to simply flash the hazards to signal it as been armed.

TIA!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
654 Posts
TO disable the beep on the alarm,

Hold both buttons on the remote for 3-5 seconds, then you will see a confirmation blink of the lights. No more beep or honk.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
First: Not aware of one. The light on the dash is your indicator.
Second: I'm in FL so I haven't used the heat much. Just make sure you aren't on R for your fan setting. This enables the rear controls in the over head to control temp, etc.
Third was answered. I like the horn as I can audiblably verify its locked and I don't need to see it. Works well when you are inside. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parking brake I suppose I'll just have train myself to rember to release it. It was the light that caught my attention after driving a while with it on.

As for the rear heater I did have the rear control on the dash set to R, plus the front heater was running, but when I set the rear control to full fan and full heat it hardly gets hot. I'll toy around some more.. maybe when its colder out due since the ambient temp sensor on the dash might be interfering with operation.

Great news about the option with horn operation with the alarm. I'll probably change it back and forth a few times then ultimatly go back to the horn sound being enabled... who knows but that is cool that it does not require a dealer visit.

You guys are awesome thanks for the answers..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
ChuckD said:
The parking brake I suppose I'll just have train myself to rember to release it. It was the light that caught my attention after driving a while with it on.

As for the rear heater I did have the rear control on the dash set to R, plus the front heater was running, but when I set the rear control to full fan and full heat it hardly gets hot. I'll toy around some more.. maybe when its colder out due since the ambient temp sensor on the dash might be interfering with operation.

Great news about the option with horn operation with the alarm. I'll probably change it back and forth a few times then ultimatly go back to the horn sound being enabled... who knows but that is cool that it does not require a dealer visit.

You guys are awesome thanks for the answers..
I almost never use the parking brake.
Not sure about the heat. Try using the front controls. There may be a limiter that won't allow the rear to heat more than the front. From what I understand, the heat rises from below and doesn't blow in from above in the rear. The vents from above are for cool and different vents for heat. They do this because of the heat rises, cool falls stuff. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
89 Posts
Secondly...think this is normal. I think, and I may be wrong on this one, but the heat as to be on FLOOR from the main up front control, in order for much to be placed out the aforementioned vents. They are quite a bit farther away from the fan source, and on other SUVs I have been in, they all seem to be kind of anemic when it comes to floor air circulation.

Thirdly...got no idea. But am watching this thread now and want to know the same thing. On my 2500/HD Chevy, you could set all those parameters and it was pretty nice! I think the lights stay on about 2x longer than they should and I personally like the horn beep to ensure it IS IN FACT locked and armed. But that is just me.

Awaiting the wisdom to be unleashed upon this thread! LOL

ST


ChuckD said:
Secondly.. I don't seem to get very much heat in the way back via the side/floor vents. Does the car need to be moving or something for the heater to work in the back? It blows air fine.. but it is only luke warm. It was 70 degrees out when I checked operation and the car was stationary. Maybe it has something to do with ambient temps picked up by the sensor on the dash?

Third.. is there a way to disable the headlight delay or horn beep when turning off the car and activating the alarm? I would like the lights to go out immediatly with out honking the horn. I'm hoping the alarm can be programmed to simply flash the hazards to signal it as been armed.

TIA!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
89 Posts
Is there a way to get the horn off but the lights to blink still? Sounded like the button(s) hold for 3-5 seconds elimnates both the horn and the blink?

As for the headlights remaining on...is there a way to shorten or eliminate that as well?

tia!

ST
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
60 Posts
You can lock the remote before shutting the last open door and it will not honk, this locks all doors. The "heat " is poorly designed for such a large SUV. It was more like an add-on engineering thought. The "rear" heater is only the electric (I think because it warms immediately) derived space heater in the third row passenger side. This only blows air from the one side. The person in the third row, passenger side burns up, while the driver side feels little. The heat for row two is just like any other car, so the front heat controls are the only thing that blows heat from the center and maybe from under the front seats. For the AC this is totally different, plenty of cold air from any of those vents (except the third row floor space heater vent). I hope they redesign this before I buy my 07 or 08.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
67 Posts
If you have the tech pakage, with the navigation the horn, and lights on the lock and unlock can be adjusted. Also the delay on the headlights shutting off is adjustable, and the sensetivity of the automatic headlights can also be set. I am not sure if you can do all of this without the navi.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
RUN2 said:
If you have the tech pakage, with the navigation the horn, and lights on the lock and unlock can be adjusted. Also the delay on the headlights shutting off is adjustable, and the sensetivity of the automatic headlights can also be set. I am not sure if you can do all of this without the navi.
I believe the dealer needs to do this if you don't have the nav package.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok.. I have another one. Not that I'm trying to find things that are wrong but.. I'm still getting aquainted.

The windshield and rear window washers seem to be acting funny. When I pull the stalk to wash the windshield the front wipers do their thing but the rear window nozzle squits instead of the front. Vice versa.. when I push the stalk the rear wiper operates but the front washer squirts the windshield. Seems a little odd.. I suppose I should read the manual.. but maybe my hoses are cross connected at the washer pump?

Does anyone elses window washers work like that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,360 Posts
ChuckD said:
Ok.. I have another one. Not that I'm trying to find things that are wrong but.. I'm still getting aquainted.

The windshield and rear window washers seem to be acting funny. When I pull the stalk to wash the windshield the front wipers do their thing but the rear window nozzle squits instead of the front. Vice versa.. when I push the stalk the rear wiper operates but the front washer squirts the windshield. Seems a little odd.. I suppose I should read the manual.. but maybe my hoses are cross connected at the washer pump?

Does anyone elses window washers work like that?
That's backwards. :confused:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top