Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had the Armada a few weeks and we are still getting aquainted. But is there supposed to be an idiot alarm or tone for the parking brake? I drove about 1.5 miles with mine lightly engaged last night and had no idea that the pedal wasn't released.

Secondly.. I don't seem to get very much heat in the way back via the side/floor vents. Does the car need to be moving or something for the heater to work in the back? It blows air fine.. but it is only luke warm. It was 70 degrees out when I checked operation and the car was stationary. Maybe it has something to do with ambient temps picked up by the sensor on the dash?

Third.. is there a way to disable the headlight delay or horn beep when turning off the car and activating the alarm? I would like the lights to go out immediatly with out honking the horn. I'm hoping the alarm can be programmed to simply flash the hazards to signal it as been armed.

TIA!

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parking brake I suppose I'll just have train myself to rember to release it. It was the light that caught my attention after driving a while with it on.

As for the rear heater I did have the rear control on the dash set to R, plus the front heater was running, but when I set the rear control to full fan and full heat it hardly gets hot. I'll toy around some more.. maybe when its colder out due since the ambient temp sensor on the dash might be interfering with operation.

Great news about the option with horn operation with the alarm. I'll probably change it back and forth a few times then ultimatly go back to the horn sound being enabled... who knows but that is cool that it does not require a dealer visit.

You guys are awesome thanks for the answers..

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok.. I have another one. Not that I'm trying to find things that are wrong but.. I'm still getting aquainted.

The windshield and rear window washers seem to be acting funny. When I pull the stalk to wash the windshield the front wipers do their thing but the rear window nozzle squits instead of the front. Vice versa.. when I push the stalk the rear wiper operates but the front washer squirts the windshield. Seems a little odd.. I suppose I should read the manual.. but maybe my hoses are cross connected at the washer pump?

Does anyone elses window washers work like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.