Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice this? I have the recycled air mode ON but as soon as a truck is front of me exhaust fumes come right in the cabin worse than if the windows were open. I commute next to a bay & I don't even have to look to know it's low tide.

I understand that there is a built in microfilter but what good is it if I have to shut off the heat/AC because of foul outside air? Am I missing a setting? It's just that I know other vehicles completely block outside air with the recycle air mode on.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Even with recycle on there is still some air drawn in from the outside. I don't think there is much you can do about it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scr38 said:
Even with recycle on there is still some air drawn in from the outside. I don't think there is much you can do about it.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Note to Nissan interior designers: WTF?

Why does it seem like there was an entirely different company that handled the controls from the exterior & engineering departments? Do you have some clueless manager in that department that has no common sense?

I just love everything else in the Armada except the controls. ALL of them. For example, with nav I have to adjust the radio/hvac first to see what setting it "was" on! Did you even think this out? Do you guys even drive?

I'm not hard to please, these are simple items I've never encountered with any other vehicle - you have to go out of your way to make them difficult.

You seemed to have fixed the brake & squeak issues for '05, so maybe you guys can work on the controls now the fires are out.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Recirc air

I read my 04' manual last night and it states that the recirc button when pushed is to not allow outside air ie. dust and or fumes to enter the cabin. So how is it mixing with outside air? :comp26:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike said:
I read my 04' manual last night and it states that the recirc button when pushed is to not allow outside air ie. dust and or fumes to enter the cabin. So how is it mixing with outside air? :comp26:
Well I always have the recirculation mode on in traffic & still get exhaust fumes & foul air from outside which renders that mode useless in my opinion. Maybe it's just not a complete seal, but I've had no problem with this issue in other vehicles. I don't get it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'm sensative to smell. The bad thing is that once it's in the cabin it lingers for blocks - just this morning they were mowing the lawn by my office & as drove by I swear it was like see & sniff as if I was on the mower...windows up, recirculated air on low (2 bars)....I don't know.

Obviously it 's more of a concern with diesel exhaust fumes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts