Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a basic stock '05 Armada that I want to mod a bit for him if I can find some junkyard parts.

However, no junky within several hours have any Armada or QX56. Barely any Pathfinder or Titan.

Is there a list anywhere of what exactly can interchange? I searched this site using google and couldn't find anything.

I assume that some Titan parts can interchange. What about Pathfinder or X-trail?

I made a small list of what I would like to upgrade based on things that are known to fit or should be able to swap;

Leather seats 1st and 2nd row
Titan towing mirrors
Nav dash if it's not too much of a pain, including tailgate camera.
Any sort of wood grain or more premium interior pieces (do the door cards swap cleanly?)
Leather steering wheel if that exists
Roof console if that will work
Possibly front end swap, grill and/or bumper and/or fenders and/or headlights
Chrome wheels, although that will be almost impossible at a junky.
Floor mats, a winter set would be super handy

I'm quite sure that I won't be accomplishing that whole list, but it would be a fun project to work on.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
2005 until 2010 is first gen so in theory many parts should interchange as those cars (titan, armada, qx) were made on the same line. there are some interior parts that are obvious (e.g. qx has analog clock, armada doesn't) as to not interchange but many thigns are -- just depends on what you are after.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 until 2010 is first gen so in theory many parts should interchange as those cars (titan, armada, qx) were made on the same line. there are some interior parts that are obvious (e.g. qx has analog clock, armada doesn't) as to not interchange but many thigns are -- just depends on what you are after.

Thanks very much, I suppose there isn't any resource that talks about this kinda stuff in a centralized location? I guess I can just try some stuff out but was hoping to narrow it down some.

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
its easier for you to state here what parts you want to change. i dont know of a resource for what you are asking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
its easier for you to state here what parts you want to change. i dont know of a resource for what you are asking.
I will cross any out that are NON-viable options.

Okay! Thank you, I appreciate it! A lot of these are hypotheticals and some duplicates, but if we could get it all in one location like this thread that would be great for anybody following my path.

I have : 2005 Armada SE

Swapping from : Armada LE of the appropriate year (2005-2010 only? or 2003 and 2004 also?)

12 speaker sound system (only need 4 more speakers, or a full swap?) (Think I would have to swap everything including the deck and maybe wiring. too much headache)
Chrome grille - Works
Fog Lights - Works (need fog light switch/steering wheel stalk)
Power Folding Mirrors (should be no problem, also needs the button and the ADP under the steering wheel)
Power Folding 3rd row
20" wheels (probably no problem)
Auto Dim rearview Mirror, including garage openers (LE had different plug than my SE)
Driver memory seat function (should require the door card/buttons, ADP, and seats)
Nav Dash (solely to display reverse camera) (Existing wiring does not match - too much trouble)

Swapping from : Infiniti Qx56

Front end swap (bumper cover, hood, fenders, 4x lights? Doors also?)
Dash/console/trim (to add woodgrain or change the look of the head unit+CD+HVAC)
Door cards (with leather) - direct swap?
Steering wheel (should swap, buttons different?)
Nav Dash (solely to display reverse camera)
Rear Bumper
Rear Lights
Power Mirrors

Swapping from : Nissan Titan

Folding tow mirrors (these should work no problem)
Chrome Grille

Additional:

Are there any performance or parts upgrades that certain models got? Better springs, different spark plugs, better quality rubber bushings, brake upgrades, different airbox, added turbo etc. that could easily be swapped to the Armada?

Thanks very much!

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
first gen armada is up until about 2016 ish, the second gen qx started at 2011 so if you stay under 2008-2010 you should be able to swap those parts out.

most folks dont do what you are trying to do -- they woudl just sell the armada and get a qx if they wanted ALL of those parts swapped. usually people will swap seats, mirrors, brake lights, grills easily.

there are sub sections on this site you should spend time researching. many people have modified the suspension, engine components (CAI -- not seen someone put a turbo ) wheels and such already so the data is around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you,

I really don't plan on adding even close to all of this list, I just was wondering if there was a comprehensive list of interchange parts somewhere on this site. When picking at a JY, I'm kind of at the mercy of whatever rolls in. There has only been a couple Armada in the last 12 months. An LE did come in last week but the engine and front bumper with fog lights was gone. I was able to grab some winter floor mats and a chrome grille. I considered the mirrors, but decided against them. Leather seats and captains 2nd row, but the drivers seat was ripped bad and my dad does not want to swap seats unless he can swap all of them. It had a smashed power lift tailgate, but I had a feeling that my SE was not wired up for a plug n play if I was to grab the actuator and buttons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts