Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The myron & davis dvd system model# ans178tn or ans178pkg the only factory plug in play systems availiable..I saw some great deals on systems throught the av sticky here in the forum but not sure what is compatible or what items are required for a factory imitated install

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Even though it replace the factory bin for an OEM look, I don't think it's a plug and play system. You will still have to find the right wire to hook it up to (I believe all the wire you need are in the overhead console). You still need to run the RCA to the dvd player and wire to the HU for sounds (either fm modulator or aux input)

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I am not sure this applies to what you are looking for, but JL Audio makes a new product called "Clean Sweep". Link to product . JL's description is "JL Audio Introduces a Solution to
“Aftermarket-Unfriendly” OEM Auto Sound Systems". I am having one installed in my Mada with the new sound system. It will allow me to keep the Bose headunit in my LE and add aftermarket DVD players into the system integration.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Wow, this sounds like a great product, especially for those of us who has a Nav. system. Let us know how it sounds and how much the system cost.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I beleive the cost is between $400 and $500. I heard two systems that use this and it was as if they were using a high end head unit other then the OEM system.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I believe it was. I will double check and if it was different I will update if it was.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I ordered the myron davis unit a week ago... waiting for it to arrive.

installer told me, most likely it will need to be hooked up through fm modulator.. is that true?

I thought there may be a way to wire it to the existing wires, like the factory unit.. is there a wiring harness already up there that can be used??

thanks.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I know that the Clean Sweep doesn't have anything to do with the FM Modulator and therefore sound quality is very high like that of an aftermarket head unit.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
They can hook the audio up to the AUX jack behind the dash easily. You may need to get a PIE amp depending on your dvd players output....I'd suggest ordering one now so that you'll have it at the time of install. They can also connect to the sat using a AAINIS. Or they can do it the way I did mine by taping into the DVD input of the HU. Chances are you don't have the prewire and they would need to add the pins to the HU harness. I doubt they are willing to go that far. At a minimum make them hook it to the aux jack, and remind them to put a piece of tape over the factory IR transmitter.

The clean sweep from what I remember just removes all the factory hu built in equalizations that were optimized for the factory speakers. It basically gets the audio down to a "raw" level that you can feed to amps etc. It doesn't increase the number of inputs etc. so it has nothing to do with a dvd install it just gives you options for improving the overall sound system without replacing the factory HU.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The clean sweep also adds extra Aux inputs for adding DVD's, MP3, etc. Plus all the other things you mentioned it does.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I stand corrected, I didn't remember reading about that option (or it wasn't one yet) a year ago when they first started to promote the sweep box.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
To confirm an earlier entry I was at the car audio installer today arranging a time to get my system installed and make final decisions on the exact system components. I found the price was $399 for the clean sweep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts