Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Some college kid decided to rub her Volvo on my Armada on the front left side and on the bumper cover. No major damage (to me at least), but she left some scratches (not deep) on the side bumper cover and left some scuff marks (no scratches/paint not damaged) on the fender as well as a slight dent (no crease). I took the Mada to a local shop that we took my wife's van to, and they quoted us $1100 :confused: ? I know we are not paying for it and the girl's parents are paying it out of pocket, but isn't that a little high?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I think it is too much, but I haven't seen the damage. Nothing is free. We will all pay for it with increased insurance costs.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
maybe you should suggest dent wizard for the dent removal and just replace the placstic cover. That should lower the cost dramatically.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I think its cool that you have the integrity to be concered with the person that hit you. But for the damage you described, that sounds pretty low actually. But again, pictures would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Pics of damage

The damage isn't too bad; just a bunch of scratches. But $1100 just sounds high. My wife's van was hit on the right passenger sliding door a few months ago and the same place replaced/repainted the door as well as the right front fender. Cost on that was $1300. This is a few scratches and it's $1100? We've had to pay out of our pocket for repairs before for damages that seemed worst than this and it was never more than $400.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Try to use some solvent and wipe off all the plastic/rubber marks. If the finish is smooth and dent free, you're good. But is there is sheet metal damage, $1,300 may be a bargain.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
You're too kind (NOT!)

Looks like the damage is real close to the wheel opening. Order the paint-matched ATS fender flares for about $420 shipped and they would probably cover most, if not all, of the damage (seal the bare metal first, of course, to avoid rust). Then the flares will add some protection from folks learning to drive in parking lots and may just dress up your 'Mada a bit. Fairly inexpensive fix if you like or don't mind the fender flares.

Check this out: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940&highlight=fender+flares

Just an idea. Good on you :thumbup: for considering the girl and her parents. Maybe they can get her some driving lessons with the money saved. It may have been that the Volvo had an Armada braking system and she just had a little control problem.

RB :itsfriday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts