Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I made an appointment with my dealer to have my brakes checked, I get alot of brake dust & a front wheel shimmy when braking. Any I was told that the dealer had not got the parts in stock. I was :mad: but I stayed polite. Today I called the dealer ship & asked why the parts were not in stock and to reorder them. He informed me that Nissan had stopped issuing the old parts and was in the process of remanufacturing new part for this problem. But they would not be available until May. Also he stated that according to their work order that they have to replace the fronnt track rod ends and the warrentey would be increassed on the brakes. Is he telling me the truth. Does anyone know how to send Nissan corporation an e-mail or address to ask them whats going to happen. Any one any ideas on how to get this problem resolve quickly?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
That doesn't sound right...so you are suppose to drive an unsafe vehicle for a month waiting on parts that actually might not be out until June? I'd call 1800nissan and file a complaint. They do actually follow up..in my case they did anyway. Adjmcloon posted info on the actual "recall" do a search for horses mouth...literally:)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
That is true. I read this in one of the user manual that you should have. It states that if you are having problems with repairs, you can actually call the Nissan Headquarters. Read all the manuals that you have. I will try to read up on this and I will post it. Make sure that you call them though, because you are probably driving an unsafe car, which means that you can Sue (if that is the correct way to speel Sue) them.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Nissan, eventually the dealer will mail me a blank incvoice to replace for the upgrades parts when available. They did offer a patch, but that is only temporary and other people who have had this work done will get preference for the new parts. So basically I am still stuck with a truck with problems. At time I often wish that I had never bought the Armarda, but the trade in value sucks & I cannot afford to take that kind of loss. The joy of owning this vehicle soon fadded to impending gloom.
Thats for you help, hopefully when I get the new parts fitted I will be alot happer with my Marda.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Roger said:
I called Nissan, eventually the dealer will mail me a blank incvoice to replace for the upgrades parts when available. They did offer a patch, but that is only temporary and other people who have had this work done will get preference for the new parts. So basically I am still stuck with a truck with problems. At time I often wish that I had never bought the Armarda, but the trade in value sucks & I cannot afford to take that kind of loss. The joy of owning this vehicle soon fadded to impending gloom.
Thats for you help, hopefully when I get the new parts fitted I will be alot happer with my Marda.
If it helps; I know exactly how you feel. You aren't the only one that feels this way. I too wish I hadn't bought Nissan. I was seduced by the horsepower and torque.

Most likely the last Nissan I'll ever buy. I just can't handle the fact that I have to hunt down the squeaks/rattles and have the brakes done every few months on their flagship vehicle.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Not to sound like an ass or anything, but if you were to buy any other first-year, the odds wouldn't be too great that your experience would be much better. I know how you guys feel, hell I traded in my Armada for the same reason. But in all reality, even 4-5 year old vehicles made by other manufactureres aren't as safe or mechanically reliable. Sure, the Armadas have a brake problem, but has anyone looked up something like the Trailblazer for instance? I was concidering one of those a few years ago, until I heard the dreadful nightmares of transmissions malfunctioning and engines just stopping while on the highway. I do agree that these issues shouldn't be there for a vehicle that costs 36K, but don't dismiss an entire company for one vehicle... while it might have been a dumb move, I traded in for a new Frontier. Day and night. I have one squeak, that's it. Not even enough to take into the dealer. As for brakes, this thing stops on a dime. And it still has that 'new car' smell :D

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
You don't sound like an a$$ at all. In fact you present very valid points with an even keel attitude. I actually feel like the a$$. I start out trying to put out an informative post and my anger over the quality issues seems to take over. For this I apologize.

However, I don't buy into your and quite a few others point about first-year vehicles and associated problems. Vehicle manufacturers shouldn't be given a pass for first year vehicles. If I'm a Beta tester I want a product discount and full disclosure regarding the product and its known inherent design flaws. Period. You won't be given any kind of pass by Nissan or anyone else when you go into trade or sell the first year vehicle with it's now known problems. You'll more than likely have to take it in the shorts for Nissan's sloppy quality control.

I've bought several first year vehicles, including Datsuns, that were excellent. I just think that Nissan has dropped the ball and I've got caught holding it. The Armada is a very capable and strong vehicle. No denying that. In fact it's strength was one of the reasons why I purchased it initially.

To be "fair and balanced" I've also had first year problems with 3rd and 4th year generation GM vehicles. They never fix the part, they just replace it. That's is one of the other reasons I went with a Nissan, because of my favorable past history with their vehicles.

To make a long story short... I guess I'm really disappointed with Nissan Customer Service and their Dealerships. I wouldn't have a bitter attitude like I have if I knew the vehicle would be properly fixed. I just don't believe Nissan will ever fix their lousy quality control mess up.

Anyways, the flu is kicking my Arse and I'm running out of steam.

Have a safe and happy Easter and remember; Jesus Christ died on the cross so that you may have everlasting life.

:)

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Frustration

It's certainly frustrating, and Lord knows I've had my share of issues. But after a lot of work (on my part, not really my dealer) I'm happy with mine. Got it in Feb. of '04 so it definitely had some early build issues. Rattles can be very annoying, but with some perseverence you can find and kill them.

Thank God for the great engine and tranny!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts