Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I was pulling into a store parking lot and noticed a lady in a mini-van (coming toward me) pointing at my white '04 Armada. She and the driver were having some kind of discussion. We were both moving slowly and as we passed, a teenage girl stuck her head out of a back window and said: "Oh, man, that is tight!" I think that was a compliment.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
A minivan and an Armada pass in a store parking lot. That's tight alright, as in "tight fit". That girl was lucky she wasn't decapitated.

It must be a generational thing. When I first saw the Armada I thought "Egads! It looks like a vehicular Hannibal Lecter mask", but it has since grown on me (once modified to unrecognizable proportions of course). Our kids immediately fell in love with the looks the first time they saw one, though I do wonder if perhaps they were simply amplifying their Armada affection for fear of being driven to school in a minivan.

They were sure relieved when I told them we were not getting the new Durango. That beast is fugly no matter how old you are.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
You guys need to get with it, our Armadas are Tight, Dope, Phat, Ballin, Pimpin, Rolling Deep, etc etc

ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
jeb said:
The other day, I was pulling into a store parking lot and noticed a lady in a mini-van (coming toward me) pointing at my white '04 Armada. She and the driver were having some kind of discussion. We were both moving slowly and as we passed, a teenage girl stuck her head out of a back window and said: "Oh, man, that is tight!" I think that was a compliment.
It's a compliment. Just don't say it back to her. :D

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I knew for sure she wasn't talking about quality control--not with all the rattles I have in my ride. So I figured "tight" was a good thing. And there is a little more to the story. After saying "Oh, man, that is tight," she added: "And he's a hunk." I admit I was looking pretty cool in my freshly washed Armada, Maui Jim sunglasses, and bluetooth cell phone device sticking out of my ear, but I'm afraid the word "hunk" just doesn't apply these days. Now that I think about it, maybe she said "chunk." That would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
In my old skool days we would say "Thats Cherry"!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
jeb said:
Well I wasn't going to touch this one but I can see that some of us might need a little help talking to the youth in AMERICA so here you go..... ENGLISH :hi:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys crack me up. I know what "tight" means. I was just kidding. I'm not THAT old... well, I am, but I still know what "tight" means. Yeah, that's the ticket, I'm still hip with the youngsters.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts