Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we bought our second Armada and it’s a 2017. Now, during the buying process I wasn’t thinking and didn’t ask to make sure it came with two Key Fobs. Unfortunately it only came with one. I went to the dealer to price a new fob so we can have two and it’s going to be about $450-$500 for the key, to cut the key, the fob and to program the Fob. The fob alone is about $180ish plus the hourly rate to program it.

My question is, has anyone had to go through this or does anyone know a cheaper way to get this done? I have done some research and found some fobs for cheaper online but am I wasting money by not buying it from the dealer to know its OEM?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I've bought some 3rd-party keys over the years and they always felt on the cheap side. Personally, I would go for an OEM key fob.

But, most competent locksmiths should be able to cut the key and do the programming, probably for far less than what the dealer would charge. I'd make some calls to local locksmiths and see what can be done.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Ditto on the locksmith, no need to go to the dealer. When we needed to get a replacement for after my wife lost one, we went to a towing service in our area that advertised locksmith services. If I remember correctly it ended up costing less than $200, including a replacement fob and blade.

Keith

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had another similar post about a day ago. I have since called a local locksmith. $190 total for key and programming. Beats my dealer by almost $200.
Just verify with the locksmith that they have programming capabilities for newer Nissans, and that they order you the correct fob (ie, remote start, 3 button, 4 button, 5 button...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts