Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks in large part to your guys' input, I went ahead and bought the Armada last night and took it home. Its a Blizzard white SE with the steel grey cloth interior, no Bose, no navigation, no DVD, but it is plenty loaded for me. It does have the Home Link and the sonar deal in the bumper. This is going to be mainly my wife's vehicle, but now she is going to have to fight me to drive it. I drove it 12 miles last night, and I love it. It was really hard to resist romping on it since I want to break it in easy. It really is a head-turner, too. The neighbors sort of gathered around my garage when I brought it home. I don't know why I had never really noticed the Armadas before I started shopping a few weeks ago.

I ended up getting it for $300 over invoice plus fees, less the $1500 rebate. They would not go any lower, even after leaving the dealership twice. They did however, give me $500 more than anyone else for my 99 Expletivedition. I went to another dealer, but they didn't have the color I wanted, so I was just burned out and caved. I probably left a few dollars on the table, but all in all, I am happy with the truck and the deal. The place I got it from, Lithia Nissan in Fresno, did give me what I felt was pretty decent service during the process. Regarding the warranty, they insisted that there was no wiggle room at all on the warranty price ($2,850 for 6 yr 100,000 mile bumper to bumper). The similar warranty through the credit union was $1,600 less. So, I decided, for the time being, to just pass on the extended warranty for now, since I can always buy either one later.

Tonight, I will wash it, hit it with the clay bar, and then put on a coat of Meguiars NXT. I expect to have very sore shoulders tomorrow.

Again, thanks guys for all your input in this process. Forums like this can make life a lot easier and more fun.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Congrats

Sounds like you got a great deal and I think you were wise to pass on the warranty at that price however I probally would look into getting one at a more reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Now your going to have to drive that beast up to Sacramento July 16th for our NissanTitan/Armada meet!!!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
What did you pay BEFORE tax, title and license and trade in?

ie, What price did you guys agree upon the SUV without the trade and TTL/.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid $32,753 before tax, license, fees,trade or rebate. Per Edmunds, the invoice (after matching up all of the options) was $32,450. So, the way I see it, the dealer made $303 plus their holdback, which is probably 2%-3%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts