Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i was at service department one day my dealer informed me that some Qx56's were built mostly in japan like most of the infinti lineup. does anyone know how many? Seems like something they should have done before they started selling the car.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Some of the parts are made in Japan (for all of them) but the entire run of Titan, Armada, and QX are built on the same assembly line in Mississippi and engines in Tennesse. One of the reasons we know the QX has the same motor, etc. is they use the same one in everything coming down the line. Just cosmetic differences for QX and Armada and from the forward cabin forward, the Armada and Titan are identical except for the extra Airdam on the Mada. There is a Titan guy on another forum that works there. ;)

Corrected ;)

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
The Titan, Armada, and QX are built at the new Nissan plant in Canton, Mississippi.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
adjmcloon said:
The Titan, Armada, and QX are built at the new Nissan plant in Canton, Mississippi.
You are correct sir and I stand corrected. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The engines are built in Tennesse, and the transmissions are built in Japan.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
And for anyone who may be waiting on a delivery or considering a new model, the plant was not damaged in any way by Katrina.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Armada said:
And for anyone who may be waiting on a delivery or considering a new model, the plant was not damaged in any way by Katrina.
I was half hoping it was so they would delay production for a week, getting more new brake parts available for install at dealers. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts